Human Embryonic Stem Cells Market Projected to Reach $ 10.7 Billion by 2015

barbara

Pioneer Founding member

Kaye

Barbara

That ain't no RAT- that is pure SKUNK! Talk about needing a barf bag. Researchers must be smiling from ear to ear. Their job is secure that's for sure. Unless, the cat gets put back in the bag in November????? All I want is to be able to use my own stem cells. What kind of idiots are in government? Don't answer that. Sorry, but this just goes on, on, on . . .

Jeannine

Pioneer Founding member
I happened to watch Huckabee this evening and Laura Bush was on as a guest. ONe of the topics they discussed was why is there so much focus on embryonic stem cells when they have yet to improve, let alone, cure ANYTHING while adult stem cells continue (which include cord blood and placental) to show more and more improvements and promise every day.

If this is common knowledge among so many people why is this money not being spent on adult stem cell research?

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
What was the consensus of the discussion? Was it money, political reasons or why do they think this is happening?

Huckabee?

When government and big money are involved, both parties are the same. Is anyone surprised that "Politics are to blame" based on a Fox News program chaired by Mike Huckabee? I can imagine what Glen Beck or Sarah Palin might say. Both parties want the Big Pharma money! That is what it is all about. Why do you think that the FDA allows all these half baked drugs on the market that makes Smith Kline Beecham, Pfizer, etc billions of dollars and then sue them for multi-millions when many people are injured and die from them? They both make money that way.

Jeannine

Pioneer Founding member
michaelsdad

I don't want to turn this into anything political but the facts speak for themselves. Funding for embryonic stem cell research became a major issue during the 2004 election campaign because it was a way to gain votes.

Yes - the FDA is in the pocket of Big Pharma, but the FDA has no authority deciding who gets funding. The politicians do.

The Politicians...

Both Parties get the funds back in big campaign donations. The wheel goes round and round. Big Business means Big Politics. This is America! The Supreme Court just recently gave Corporate America a free reign to decide who gets elected with unlimited campaign spending.