Hi I am Joshua's mommy Lori, Joshua has Autism

Lori K

Hi everyone, I am new as you can tell and I have read many of the posts about the stem cell treatments. We were scheduled to go to the clinic in Zona Ria Mexico the first week of December, January, and February for my Joshua to have stem cell therapy for his autism. I have my reservations only because I read a few things from this site that are not in the best light of the two collaborators Regenecell and Stem Cell Biotherapies. We have our last phone conference with Dr. Nabavi on this Monday the 27th, this is the time we will find out how many Umbilical on Mesenchymal cells he will be receiving each treatment. Today he is starting a detox regimen that they want him on the next 6 weeks until his first appointment. The treating doctors are Dr. Romero and Dr. Sabata (I hope I am spelling those right)
Now I had heard one time not to use Dr's Ramirez or Steenblock but it appears some of you have and are very happy with them, can someone tell me about the costs you incurred with them and what type of cells were used etc... I have spoken with Dr. Steenblock about a year ago but he was only talking of bone marrow cells at the time. What I am saying can I get some point of views here :}
Thank you so much,
Lori

Tami03

Lori,
How old is your son? How is the procedure being adminstered? These seem to be trivial questions but they are VERY important!!!! Also who from SCB medical team have you spoken with?

Jimmarshall

hello

I suggest that you talk to Barbara or Jeeanne....They are the experts when it comes to the clinics that are available

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
My 4 cents

I have given Lori some resources to follow up on in her research. I hope Lori, that you will let us know how your search goes. We don't endorse any doctor or clinic, but as you have probably read, SCB is red flagged on this forum for good reason. The flag it still flying high. Drs. Steenblock and Ramirez are in good standing on this forum.

When spending lots of money and entrusting someone with your health or your child's health, it is so important to not be swayed by sales pitches or someone with a sparkling, endearing personality who somehow has no answers to your real questions. I can't tell you how many times someone has said, "They are really nice." Sadly, this can turn out to be nice all the way to the bank with your money. I am not saying that being nice is an indicator of anything wrong, but it needs to be weighed in with the other criteria you must set before making a decision. Some will sidetrack you with glowing stories of other patients and how you will stay in a beautiful hotel, etc. I am not suggesting that some of these "fringe" items have no importance, but THE most important thing is to assess the doctor in terms of experiences with similar conditions, costs compared to treatment (just what is it you will be getting for your money?), successes as well as failures, truthfulness, is there a caring attitude or are they more interested in letting you know where and when to send your money? Consider questions asked of you, the answers you receive to your questions, and on and on. If you feel rushed or not satisfied with what you are hearing, I would pass personally. If a doctor is willing to listen carefully, answer in terms you can understand and has a plan of attack for your disease and not just your wallet, then that is a real plus to me. Some people tend to rush the decision because of the desperation of being ill or having someone you care for that is ill, but this can be a real costly mistake. I am not meaning to drag the process out for months, but one phone call doesn't do it as far as I am concerned. Check with several sources, take good notes and then make a decision based on facts, not personalities.

Lori K

Thanks

I have decided not to let my child be touched by SCB they are hiding behind Regenecells name and Regenecell is letting them! How appalling, I have done some serious research over the last 48 hours and am 100% sure that no one should be treated by SCB. RUN! As fast as you can, some of the stories I read are that bad!! I will frequent this site to let everyone know what I am finding out there and where we will decide to go.
Again thank you to those who have responded you helped a great deal.

Tami03

Lori,
If I may, I would like to put you in contact with a superb doctor who has the bed side manner of a saint, if you will send me a private message I will relay the info to you, it is who we have entrusted our child to.
Tami

epatt

Where if the best for autism and PDD/NOS?

I want to know which client has the best results for 3 years old with PDD/ Thanks