Here is Proof

Tami03

As you all know my daughter Ava is severely special needs at 19 weeks during my pregnancy with her she had a stroke which caused severe spastic quadiplegia, microcephaly and hypertonia. Today during her OT session Ava took her first steps!!!!!!!!!! A dream I never thought I would see happen, a few weeks ago both me and my husband her her call us by name. Ava had a assessment done today as well and in the 9 weeks since her treatment in Peru she has gone from 5-6 months to 12 months average over all, the speech and physical limitations caused her to have a lower developmental assessment but since she has done so much in the past 9 weeks THERE is IMPROVEMENT!!!! In her cognitive areas she is at 21 months basically age approirate. I have it on tape!!! As soon as I can I will be posting a blog about Ava's progression including this proof. That when stem cells is transplanted correctly miracles will happen.

Tami
Ava had treatment in Mexico May 08 -- unsuccessful
Ava had treatment in Lima Peru Nov 08 -- successful

Vaibhav

Phenomenal!

That is phenomenal news! I have a feeling that this year a cure for cerebral palsy will come! we are seeing some good results overselves with the stem cell treatment we started 2 months back. I just wonder when does the muscle tone/ spasticity reduce big time. Can you tell us what you have noticed regarding Ava's muscle tone? I also wanted to know if the stem cells are ingected via a lumbar puncture?

Vaibhav

Muscle Tone & Spect Scan

Hi. Hope Ava's doing well. can you tell us a bit more about her milestones today? I was also wanting to know what her muscle tone is like now? Our doctor had asked us to do a Spect scan after 2 months so that the changes in the brain become obvious. Have you also done the same?

Thanks

Tami03

Ava has better head control and she can put her arms above her head. She is getting nerve growth factor and brain nueropeptide injections every two weeks which is helping her bowel movements tremendously. Ava was assessed 3 weeks ago and she was assessed at an average of 12-15 months overall. Which is double from prior to treatment. Her mental assessment was at 19 -21 months. She is more verbal. Ava prior to treatment was assessed at 5-6 months of age. Her speech was at a 1 month old. Now it is at 12 months. Ava has doubled and even tripled improved in ALL areas.