help me tbi

michael kites

my daughters name is michelle she had a bad car accident june 3 2003 she was 18 she was in a coma for 5 months its 8 years later still recovering 2 years ago we started hyperbaric oxgen treaments she had over 120 she can walk unassisted in a swimming pool her balance has been afected i am looking for some ad vise about stem cells i live in nj i found places in arizona and lasvegas barbra can u tell me where i should look and what kind of stem cells r for the brain do they needto b injected into her brain

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Michael - I will submit your question to the host of next month's Ask the Doctor. Stem cells do not need to be injected directly into the brain, but they do need to go beyond the blood brain barrier so the type of infusion is important as well as the type of stem cells used.

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Michael - Today is the last day to submit questions. I then send them to the doctor who hopefully will return them in 7-10 days. They will then be posted in the Spotlight section for a month and then archived in the Ask the Doctor section.

TESS37

Hyperbaric oxygen

Hi Michael I had a Stroke 3yrs ago and I am going to start Hyperbaric Oxygen treatment soon it is very costly so I was wondering if you could tell me what your Daughters gains from the Oxygen were? Also what pressure did they use while she was in there? I have had alot of neurofeedback treatment that has helped get me to where I am. But I need further healing with the Oxygen. Any information would be helpful thanks.

pink7

Hyperbaric for Stroke

Tess,

Why dont you use a mild hyperbaric chamber instead of a hard hyperbaric chamber. You could buy one and use it at home. It works out cheaper and it is just as good as the hard chamber. You could import it from the US.

TESS37

Hi Pink I have been told by a guy who is very knowledgable about the chambers that the mild chamber can only reach 1.3ATA pressure and they dont use 100% pure medical grade oxygen in there like they do with the hard chambers. He says its important to for the pressure to be at 1.5ATA for each treatment this follows Dr Harchs protocol an expert in the field. digitaljournal.com/article/288451 or google DR Harch a hero in the making for brain injury patients. This is a good article for anyone with a brain injury or CP to read some positive news. From what I have read and heard Dr Harch has tried many protocols to get the right pressure and amount of treatments that the brain responds to for healing. I might not get as good a result with a mild chamber as the oxygen and pressure is very different I am told also the mild chambers can be dangerous. I am just praying it will work for me. Barbara do you know if theres anyway I could contact Michael that posted here that has done the hyperbaric Oxygen with his daughter so I could ask him about her treatment with it is that possible? I am just waiting for the Hard Chamber near me to be fixed.

pink7

Hyperbaric for Stroke

Hi Tess,

There is a group on Yahoo for people interested in Hyperbaric treatment. You could use 1.5 ATA for mild Hyperbaric chambers. Many parents use the mild Hyperbaric chambers for their CP and Autism children without any probelms.I have heard of the great work done by Dr Harch in Hyperbaric treatment for brain injury.

TESS37

Hyperbaric Oxygen

Thanks Pink how do I locate the group on yahoo. It was the Oxygen that concerns me because I have been told I cant have 100% pure medical grade in a mild chamber. I would like to see what the group on yahoo have to say.
Have you tried it for your child? my friend has a son with Autism. Thanks again