Hello, New here.

drewrad

I had successful lumbar reconstructive surgery in July of 2014 in Spain using a hybrid approach of artificial discs and fusion, but was wondering about the use of stems for other discs not treated in upper, thoracics area.

I am sure this topic has been addressed but navigating it as a newbie has been hard.

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Welcome! Try looking in the Orthopedics section for information. Also, one of our patient moderators is Claire, whose story can be found in that section as well. I am sure she would be happy to help answer any questions that you might have concerning her therapy.

You can also put key words into the Search box located on the right hand side of the forum. Try putting in the word discs and see what results you get.

We also have an Ask the Doctor section. Different hosts participate on a monthly basis answering questions from members. All members are invited to submit questions for Ask the Doctor. The hosts are not always medical doctors, but are those who are knowledgeable about different facets of the stem cell industry. Next month, there will be a medical doctor hosting, so feel free to submit a question or questions if you'd like.

Claire

Hello Drewrad!

I'd be more than happy to tell you about my treatments by Dr. Centeno; much of it is already covered in two posts here, I believe, but I'll do my best to answer your questions.

I highly recommend you visit Dr. Centeno's website, review all of his research and his patient outcomes.

Best,

C

Kenwest

absoutely

I had successful lumbar reconstructive surgery in July of 2014 in Spain using a hybrid approach of artificial discs and fusion, but was wondering about the use of stems for other discs not treated in upper, thoracics area.

I am sure this topic has been addressed but navigating it as a newbie has been hard.
stem cells can differentiate into cartilage which is what discs are made of. I would definitely have an orthopedic surgeon or neuro-surgeon do it though. It's not tricky but I would want someone who has done this before. Injecting into the spine is not something that just every doctor should do.