Hello everyone

Blue7

Hi, my name is Thomas. I'm 32 years old and I have some damage to my brain stem. The damage doesn't show up on an MRI, but it does show up on a test called SSEP Test. The SSEP Test measures the neural activity from a person's peripheral nerves to the central nervous system. As a result of this brain stem damage, I now have a condition called Central Pain Syndrome. This pain causes a burning, prickly, type of feeling on the entire left side of my body. So in a sense I believe I had a "small stroke" 20 months ago, smh.

I know they say that the nerves in the central nervous system don't regenerate. However, I've done some research on stem cells and I see that it has the potential to jump start the healing process for the central nervous system. I recently spoke to a representative of a clinic in the US called Stemedica. They forwarded my information to their clinic in Mexico called Novastem. I haven't heard anything back yet, but I doubt that they would have any clinical trials for brain stem damage and regeneration. I'm actually willing to pay money to get a procedure done, but I'm scared. I'm scared because of all the horror stories I've heard about botced procedures overseas. Also, the fact that stem cells are still in it's infancy. I don't know, I'm lost, confused, and feel like I'm out of luck. Also, I wonder why there isn't a lot of people on this wonderful forum?

Last edited:

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Welcome! Do you know why they forwarded your information to another clinic? Is it affiliated with theirs?

There are a few horror stories out there, but there are also a lot of patients who have experienced quality of life improvements after having stem cell treatment. There are also many in the industry who are protecting their own financial interests and they use the few sensational stories out there to further their own agenda. You have to do what you feel is right for you. If you don't get a response from Novastem shortly, I would contact them and see why you haven't heard from them.

Sadly, there are a lot of members on this forum who prefer to stay in the background instead of commenting or sharing information.

Blue7

Yes, the clinic in Mexico (Novastem) belongs to the clinic in the US (Stemedica). They process the cell lines in the US and I believe that they do certain treatments in Mexico that the FDA won't allow in the US. Novastem is the same clinic in Mexico that did the stem cell treatment for Gorde Howie (the hockey player who suffered a massive stroke). How many years away do you think the US is from having legit therapy? Have you ever had stem cell treatment? Have you ever heard of any good clinics?

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Yes, I've had several treatments. I'm not sure what you mean by "legit" clinics. The U.S. is lagging behind because there are too many hoping to profit off of the misfortunes of those of us who are ill. Big Pharma, FDA, academia, media, politicians, doctors, all looking for a piece of the action.

Blue7

I just got an email from Novastem today and they want me to fill out a medical questionnaire. I'm kind of excited to be in contact with this particular clinic because of the treatment Gorde Howie received. When I said "legit" clinic's, I was just referring to the authenticity of said clinic's. I know that there are a lot of Dr's and clinic's selling "snake oil." Also, I do know that while stem cell therapy is wonderfully promising, I do believe Dr's don't know how to control/coax them in the right manner just yet. I might just wait 10 more years until they get better, more efficient research under way.

However, it would be nice to get some relief from my condition and spend those 10 years healing with the help of stem cell therapy. It's all so fascinating, but at the same time very scary. I just wish I can speak to some type of "world renowned" stem cell scientist to point me in the right direction. But, Barbara, I really appreciate the fact that you've taken the time to talk to me about this situation. Thank you, I'm not sure if you believe in God or not, but just pray for me and I will pray for you as well 😓

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
I don't know if you noticed the post today from another member who had a severe stroke. I referred them to Novastem too based on the information you had previously posted. I appreciate your participation on this forum. Please continue to update us if you decide to have treatment.