hello everyone!

ckms

Hello,
My name is CK, I am 40 y old, I live in Calgary-Canada.
Unfortunately I am the "owner" of a 2001 MS.
Now I decided to get rid of it and I need any kind of help.

Jeannine

Pioneer Founding member
Hi CK

Welcome to our forum. I have had umbilical cord stem treatment but for COPD not MS although I can tell you that although I wasn't cured, it did improve my condition enough to stop the progression and improved my ability to lead a more normal life. I do know several folks on here who have had treatment for MS and I am hoping they can answer your questions.

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Welcome

With stem cell therapy, I think the rules apply to almost any disease when searching for treatment. This forum is full of ideas and resources are gladly given if you would like them by private message. I am always pounding away about safety. That has to be number one. NEVER consider treatment using umbilical cord stem cells with a company who does not provide certification for purity of its cells. If you are considering autologous cells, this is not a factor. Also, consider price. Does it seem in line with other clinics? What are the successes and failures at the clinic? If it is all success, I would run fast. How do you measure success? For one person it may be controlling the bowels, for others they want to be able to run marathons again. I would pretty much ignore the glowing testimonials on many websites. Try to find forums and chat rooms instead where discussions take place independently of some company's advertising in the form of testimonials. Can you afford to wait? New and better techniques and bio technology are being announced constantly. Does the clinic have a spokesperson who calls and tries to rustle up your business or are you given a professional, honest consultation with a knowledgeable stem cell doctor with no sales pitch? How many patients have they treated with your condition? What are the doctor's credentials? Make a list and when it is time to talk to someone, make sure all of your questions are answered. Don't let them veer off the subject into technical talk that you cannot understand. Ask about follow up. Will you need more than one treatment and how much would that cost? I could go on and on, but I think you get the picture. Avoid making unscrupulous companies wealthier. Welcome to our forum after all that!