Healthcare insurance lossing money??????

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
I'm with you jgp. ObamaCare sucks big time for most people. What will be worse is Hillary's utopian plan for single payer. Single payer, in case anyone reading this doesn't understand, means you will get the medications, surgeries, treatments that the government wants you to have. If you are wealthy, you can take advantage of the many doctors who will no longer take insurance and can offer the latest, most innovative care. If you are not wealthy, then you had better stay healthy or resign yourself to care that will be second rate at best.

Vancouverman

I recommend you the "socialized" healthcare system of my country (Republic of Austria in Europe). It's different to USA. But we are the 13. richest nation in the world. And we are capitalistic as well.

Every employer here is obliged to insure the employees in the national insurance. Even if you are working only 10 hours a week. Penalties are extremely high.

Health Insurance is required by law. And nobody can opt-out! 99% of all people living here are health insured in the national system. It's a little bit like communism. Because even the homeless and the newly arrived and countless Syrian Refugees get insured immediately. The last 2 years almost 1 Million Syrians arrived in Germany and Austria. But I can assure you, our state run health system offers only the latest and most innovative care that you can get and buy in the western capitalistic world. Even for the countless refugees. For almost free.

If you are wealthy and rich you can take advantage of private doctors. But honestly, there is no real reason to go to private doctors. It would not make much difference. If I were a millionaire in my country, I would still prefer to go to the national general hospitals and doctors paid by state insurance.

Our government health insurance also pays the most innovative Hepatitis-C cure now available. it costs more than 30 000 Euro.

Whats the disadvantage of this system?
Well, you pay up to 55% tax on income. AND the sales tax is 20%. AND the employer pays the health insurance....

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
The U.S. is the third most populated country in the world. Population in 2015 was a little over 321 million people. Austria has about 24 million people. What you suggest would never work here.

jgp

Worlds police costs big time

Barb is right Austria doesn't have to pay billions to pay for defending the world. Single payer is great if you have conditions like Norway, Sweden, and Denmark, but not all countries are the same. God bless