Has Dr. F ever declined a COPD application

Pat Chronister

Pioneer Member
Worry, worry, worry - that's me. I'm worried that Dr. F. may decide the procedure is not appropriate for my disease. I have bronchiectasis which is included under the COPD umbrella, but it is very different from emphysema. End result is the same - it's progressive, can't breathe and on oxygen 24/7. Pat C.

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Stem Cell therapy for all COPD?

Pat - To my knowledge, if it falls under the COPD umbrella, he has been very willing to treat anyone that has any form of COPD. I believe all clinics that are treating COPD patients would also treat what you have. Best to check with the doctors, however. The list of what is currently being treated with stem cell therapy is growing everyday. In our book which has magazine size pages, the list is 1 1/3 pages long. Some of the diseases, I will admit I had never even heard of, but I am sure if you suffer from one of them the reality is with you 24/7 just like COPD. It is good to assemble all your stem cell questions and then when you do speak to a doctor, you can keep them on track. They all have a way of meandering off what you want to discuss to talk about their stem cell research and how stem cells work from a scientific viewpoint. To most patients, we want to know how stem cells are going to help us and what we can expect if we have stem cell therapy.