Has anyone had treatment with Bieke?

Azriel

I've posted on our intro post but we have been researching Bieke Biotech in China as well as the Steenblock/Ramirez option. This is for our 17 month old son with suspected Stroke or CP (MRI is this Thursday so hopefully we know more then).

However, I'd be really interested to make contact with anyone who has had treatment with Bieke and especially for children.

We have contacted them and when we ask they say they treat in many places so I'm wondering what facilities/protocols are in place and while they have many case studies up I do have some concerns over validity.

Cheers

Merryn

LaurenS11

Im sure there are a few people on here that have had treatment, unfortunately I am not one of them. I hope you find some people though!

alex

Merryn,

My husband had stem cell treatment at Dr. Ramirez's clinic 3 1/2 weeks ago for stroke-like brain injury. He received about 14 million stem cells via catheter infusion.

We have seen slight improvements in motor control and cognition; too early yet to make an assessment.

Kacy's mom and Michael's dad went to Dr. Ramirez as well. I am sure they will give you a reply as to their experience.

We were thinking of going to China, too; however, the flight (18 hours) was more than Frank could have handled.

alex

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Hi and welcome to our forum. Last month we were supposed to have Kirshner Ross Vaden who is a patient advocate/nurse from Bieke host an Ask the Nurse session. Unfortunately, she has been traveling and it is now September so I am not sure if we will be getting a response anytime soon. I do agree that travel needs to be a consideration. The trip to China is difficult and may require a longer stay than is feasible for many. I think there are some good options as mentioned that are closer to home at this point.

Kaci's Mom

Hi and welcome to our forum. Last month we were supposed to have Kirshner Ross Vaden who is a patient advocate/nurse from Bieke host an Ask the Nurse session. Unfortunately, she has been traveling and it is now September so I am not sure if we will be getting a response anytime soon. I do agree that travel needs to be a consideration. The trip to China is difficult and may require a longer stay than is feasible for many. I think there are some good options as mentioned that are closer to home at this point.
I think Azriel lives closer to China than to the US- I think she's from New Zealand.

Azriel

Distance

Actually it is about the same distance from New Zealand to either US West Coast or China. However, we travel to US frequently on business so that is probably the easier option.

Of course the repeat treatments and benefits of that are of interest in China.