Grampa asks these Questions

Grampa Reynolds

Hello Everyone, I am Grampa Reynolds. Here's a little background. Our oldest son Jonathan born in 1977 had Batten's disease. Due to my wife's great care we were priveledged to have Jonathan with us for 10 years (most then only lived to about 3). We had no luxury to consider stem cell therapy in the early 80's.

Recently our 6 month old granddaughter has been diagnosed with a medical condition (not related to Battens) that has a prognosis for life expectancy to only 2. We are very seriously considering stem cell therapy. I would appreciate any input on the following:

- Any experiences with Dr. Fredda Branyon and MSC Health
- Any experiences with treatment at Rocky Point or in Panama
- Any experiences with Dr. Steenblock's group in Southern California

Regards - "Grampa" Reynolds

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
I have had autologous treatment twice with Dr. Steenblock and have been pleased with my progress. However, I have COPD which is not at all what you are asking about. I think it is important to continue to ask for others' opinions and to research several companies/doctors before making any decision. Have either of these doctors treated patients with similar conditions and if so, what results did they get? It would be helpful to have a little more information from you if possible. To me, it is not a one size fits all. Some doctors have much more experience with certain kinds of conditions than others and I think that should be something that you might want to consider.

Grampa Reynolds

SMA Type 1

Barbara,

Thank you for your response. Our granddaughter has Spinal Muscular Atrophy Type 1. I will post additional information regarding her condition and currnent therapies in a different thread later today. Choice of therapy and options are more limited for SMA Type 1.

Regards - "Grampa" Reynolds