first test

Bev12452

my stepson and girlfriend moved in last week no job no place to go well of course they smoke outside only but still and I seem to be very congested today tight chest alot of mucus that won't come up hate to call the pulmo after the visit I had last week started takiing the silver but was wondering if anyone had anything they were taking or if they had gotten a bug since treatment how they dealt with it don't want to go for xray taking all the supplements but had to use nebulizer today first time since I came home cmon group help me thanks in advance cause I know you will all be there

Howard

Bev, I don't have a serious mucous problem but my doc gave me some mucinex last week. Can't tell that it is doing much, maybe it will work for you.

rosech44

Hi Bev---

Sorry to hear you are haveing problems---Is it just mucus in chest, or are you haveing cold/flu type symptoms----I use my nebulizor twice a day, everyday--- even tho I've had good results so far, I am not quitting any of my meds, until, I really have improved much more-- Have you tried the Mucinex??? and drink lots of water, to keep the mucus moist, and easier to get out.

I'm doing about the same~~but lately I'm feeling kind of emotional--

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Mucous

I would try Mucinex also, plus increase your NAC to twice a day if you are only taking it once a day. I also use the Bragg's vinegar drink to keep mucous down. 2 teaspoons of Bragg's organic apple cider vinegar, 2 tsps raw organic honey mixed in one glass of water. I take it in the morning before I eat. If I feel like I need it, I take it again in the afternnoon. The Bragg's book recommends 3 times a day, but then they are the ones selling the vinegar. If you don't know anything about the Bragg family, they are health oriented people who look 30 years younger than they are and hang around with Jack LaLanne. I thought the vinegar drink might taste funny, but I have grown to like it. One thing that Rose mentioned is to not discontinue meds or lower O2 until your body is really ready. I would avoid that nasty pulmo unless you feel you are getting a respiratory infection that you can't shake. Don't let things go too far if you truly feel you need medical help. In the meantime, don't be too eager to do away with your former routine. You are still very early on yet and your lungs need all the help they can get. I went through several periods of increased mucous. That's all it was, increased mucous. I have no answers as to why, but you can try to keep it down with the suggestions given.

Pat Chronister

Pioneer Member
Bev, My pulmo put me on NAC TWICE a day last year to loosen mucus. It helps me. I lay flat on couch each afternoon, cough a little to dislodge the gunk and it's been (usually) easy for me to get rid of it. I've continued the NAC at twice per day with the post therapy pills.

Pat Chronister
Had treatment December 6, 2007

Bev12452

thank you

I want to send out a grop hug to all of you for the helpful ideas I think it is more of a cold than anything else my herbalist suggested I take some elderberry along with the silver so that is the route right now only cause I didn't feel like making the 30 mile trip to town tomarrow I will get some mucinex and I will increase my nac I have to go find out what they look like I make up a weeks worth of little baggies for taking supplements 3 times a day Pat I am so sorry I missed your day I hope you made the tip ok and are on the way for the ride I hope yours is a little milder than mine Rose welcome to the menopause club isn't it great going through it twice we all enjoyed it so much the first time Been there it does get better hope you feel better soon love to you all and a big hug to get us all through

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
More Mucous

One way to find the NAC is to smell the tablets. It stinks! Also, chest pounding, believe it or not will loosen mucous. When Jeannine and I thought we were expiring after our treatment, I was so miserable that at 3 AM I was reading my reversing asthma book. I found some mucous loosening exercises, such as chest pounding, and used them and I did feel a lot better. I told Dr. F about this and he now recommends these exercises to anyone that gets excessive mucous. Also, keep exercising on the PowerLung. It also helps relieve mucous especially if you can exhale so long that you start coughing a lot. I was taking NAC twice a day, but have cut down to one because I have so much less mucous now than I used to. You can even increase to 3 right now if you are really having problems. Make sure you take some extra vitamin C with the extra NAC. One of our nurse members, Jan, says that it's important when taking extra NAC.