Diabetes

nelo100

Pioneer Member
Robert, I have been a Type 2 diabetic for the past 6 to 7 years. For the past year I have been on the new drug Januvia 100mgs, and Glipizide 20mgs in the morning and 10 at night. Along with watching my no sugar diet I have managed to keep my daily sugar count to between 160 and 250. I had my treatment approx. a month ago and I am finding that besides forgetting to take my pills and cheating on my diet, my sugar readings are running between 81 and 145. I am pleased with these results. I would have to assume that this is a direct result of the Stem Cell treatment, unless I was hit in the butt with a lightning bolt and didn't know it. If I can answer any questions or be of any help please let me know. Nelson

Robert

Thanks for reply and your testimony

Those readings are looking a lot better than yours prior to the treatment. If you could post a message each month and tell what you think is changing that would be great.

Jeannine

Pioneer Founding member
Robert

I received umibilical cord stem cells as did Barb, Larry, Nelson and Ray.
Nassin received adult stem cells.

I hope this answers your question.

Robert

Decrease in Drugs

What are the before drug use and now how much time past and what are your drug use. Do you know J.

Robert

Jeannine

Pioneer Founding member
Robert

I think I will have to let Nelson answer your questions because he is the one who received stem cells for diabetes. In case you wanted to know about COPD and my drug usage. I take Advair twice a day and Spiriva once a day. I also use a Xoponex inhaler when needed, which has shrunk from 2 puffs 4 times a day to about 2 puffs 3 times a week.

nelo100

Pioneer Member
in answer to Roberts question on Diabetes

Robert, If your question was regarding the drugs taken prior to the Stem Cell Treatment for the Diabetes, I was on Januvia 100 MG per day, and Glipizide 20 MG in the morning and 10MG in the evening. I have and will maintain that same regiment till the Doc. tells me otherwise. My blood levels have gone down, but not constant enough to start eating sugar cubes for snacks. This past week I had an appointment with my Nephrologist who had the results of blood work done the week prior. His comment was that the test showed the average blood sugar level to be at 129 and compared to some of my others in the past he told me to go to the window and wait for the star to rise in the East. I hope this answers your questions, it there is anything more specific I certainly will try and answer them for you. Best of Luck, Nelson

tew

Type II Diabetes

Nelson,

I am a Type II diabetic adult onset since February 20, 2006 diagnosis. I am considering stem cell treatment and I would like to know where you went, how many treatments and the cost for the treatments. I have been looking at Dr. Radars climic in the Dominican Republic.
Also I would like to know if you have heard of any side effects or of any ineffective treatments that just did not work. Any insight would be appreciated.
Anyone else with first hand knowledge? I am just beginning my quest for information. Thanks!

Tom

nelo100

Pioneer Member
reply to Toms question

Tom, I received my cells on 6/6/07 of which some were programed for the pancreas, and were administered by Stem Cell Biothech in San Diego. I have had type 2 diabetes for approx. the last 8-10 years. My daily readings were running 175 to 250 consistently. I am currently getting reading from 80 to 130 which is quite an improvement. I have an appointment with the Endocrinologist in about 2 weeks, and I anticipate her reducing my current medication. If I can be of more help. Please feel free to ask either on this site or if you prefer my e-mail address is nelo100@aol.com