Dec 6 - My date arrives

Pat Chronister

Pioneer Member
Seems like a dream. 8 days ago, I had stem cell treatment in Tijuana. We stayed at the Kona Kai Hotel. Very nice in beautiful waterfront surrounding. My two daughters drove me from home (170 miles) to the hotel. There was room in the van and both girls went with me and were also in the treatment room. There were 6 patients in our group (including me) all with different illnesses. A man with Parkinsons barely able to walk or talk; man with early stage Lou G; young man in wheel chair from spinal cord injury/car accident;
woman with MS in wheel chair; woman with brain tumor and me (COPD). As each patient returned after treatment to the clinic lobby, our group cheered and clapped. Felt good.Nice, Nice people. We exchanged email addresses and I intend to write each of them and invite to post on this forum. Casey from SCB was with each of us in the infusion room and he tape recorded me answering some questions - I guess he did this with everyone. Crossing border entering US took about l 1/2 hrs. Everyone's ID is checked.
I'm having problems swallowing the gigantic 1500 Amino Acid pill - and naturally it has to be one of those that gets taken 2 @ twice/day. It's a bit easier if I take it with soy milk rather than water.. Inhalation Therapist suggested that and also pineapple juice may help as a chaser.
My head has been SO itchy - don't think I can blame Mr.. Toad - just needs to be washed.
I know, I know - be patient - every morning I check to see if I'm still the little old lady who walks like a SOB snail. Yep - she's still here. Maybe tomorrow.

p.s. I asked where my cells came from. Casey said some came from 2 labs in Canada and the rest from a lab in the U.S. I received over 150 million cells. Wish I had asked why the cells came from 3 different sources.

Pat Chronister
Had treatment December 6, 2007

rosech44

Be Patient

Pat----be Patient, My Friend, Your Journey Has Just Begun--pay Close Attention To Your Body, And What It Is Doing, You Will Probably Realize Other Things Are Improveing, Even Before The Lungs Do---i Did, And Still Am.---hang In There, You Will Be Making Medical History Soon.

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Pat -

Rose gives good advice. Be patient. You may not notice a thing for days, weeks, or even months. You may feel worse for awhile and have more SOB. You may wake up one morning to discover that you can really breathe deeper all of a sudden. Just do your very best at avoiding Impatient Syndrome and if you get down at all, we are here for you. Those Amino 1500 tablets really are horse pills, aren't they? There's a lot of good stuff packed in them, but I have to agree with you, they are tough to swallow.