Could Stem-cell research find leg asymmetry resolution?

Carles

Hi there. First of all I want to thank you for giving me this big opportunity and sorry about my english.

Last year I made baccalaureate research work about current treatments of asymmetry (one leg longer than other) inspired on a classmate case, who had his left leg 7 centimeters longer than his other leg. These treatments involves a very painful, harmful, long and very expensive methods such as Ilizarov external device or another internal devices to make bone grow to achieve the other leg size:

It is incredible that persons affected by this anomaly have to overcome this traumatic process during 1-2 years of their life. Also, I have been realized that people affected by pathological low stature after puberty (pathological low stature persons or affected by dwarfism) are having his surgery as a "cosmetic" way to solve social and psychological restrictions due to this problem, paying up to 100,000$ and damaging drastically their health status for the whole life.

I was very worried about this collective and I started to being interested in Stem-cells researches and treatments. I can't believe people are using this process (especially lately years), because there's not, right now, any alternative.

My question is, can we have hope about a new treatment that won't involve having this kind of harmful surgeons for adult people with this kind of problems, based on Stem cells application?

Thank a lot for your high-valuable work and time.