COPD help

diannalynn

My husband is 56, has COPD which is complicated with allergic athsma on top. It is difficult watching someone with this disease suffer and decline. He is on O2 continuous since a year ago. He has lost weight because of the pressure eating places on his diaphram.

I read about the COPD men who had stem cell therapy in Argentina. I was very enthused.

I would like to know the locations of stem cell therapies in the US and abroad. How does one know if a particular center is legitimate or a fraud. Does diet and excercise play a role in pre and post cell transplantation? I know that nupogen is used to stimulate bone marrow growth, and then harvested. How do they take these harveted stem cells and differentiate them into the tissue that they need? How are these cells transplanted? Are they infused or are they deposited in the area where tissue is wanted to grow? How much does a procedure like this cost? Has anyone had more than one therapy?

Any information would be greatly appreciated

Last edited:

Jeannine

Pioneer Founding member
Hi Diannalynn

Sorry to hear about your husband. Many of the questions you are asking about the medical aspect are answered in our Ask the Doctor section of this forum.

As far as the right clinic. It all depends on what feels right to you. There are clinics that perfrom adult stem cells while others use umbilical cord stem cell treatments. There are clinics located in Mexico, Costa Rica, Germany and soon the Cayman Islands.

I can tell you about my personal experience. I am 55 and was on oxygen 24/7 since March 2006. I had stem cell treatment with the company that advertises on our forum (see above) in April 2007 abd recevied umbilical cord blood cells. It has now been 8 months since my treatment and I only use oxygen for sleeping and lots of walking. I no longer need it at home watching TV or doing small chores.
My inhaler usage is down to once a day (and most of the time I don't even need it - but I use it first thing in the morning just in case.)
My shortness of breath has been reduced by at least 60%.

There are no guarantees that it will cure you; however it appears that most people have improved which is more than anything else can do for you short of surgery.

My suggestion to you is to read as much as you can. Read what others on this forum have had to say about their experience and improvements and decide if this is right for you.

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Welcome to our forum

Hi - I am Jeannine's stem cell mate as we had treatment the same day. I would like to add that I feel an aggressive supplement program after therapy has helped me a lot. I also use the PowerLung exercisor daily without fail to help my lungs get stronger. Prices vary from $12000 to $59000 and quite frankly, paying on the high end does not guarantee that you will see any greater benefits than paying on the low end. Stem cell therapy is in its pioneering stage and people react differently and at different stages. There is no set pattern. One thing for sure, is that it is not an overnight cure-all. I am very glad to have you join us. There really is hope for so many diseases with stem cell treatment. I have no regrets whatsoever about being one of the first to try it for my COPD. I am having a great year compared to last year.