Clinical Trial at the Stem Cell Center of the Texas Heart Institute

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
I believe that Harv inquired about this trial and the criteria is so stringent that they have only recruited a small number of people in two years. I could be wrong, but I think this is the one.

hlichten

Super Moderator
That is correct. They require like 12-15 follow-ups, all in Houston, and tons of pre-treatment testing, all in Houston. If you lived in or near Houston, you could consider it, but it would still be a lot of visits. I told them no.

Houston is a fantastic medical center. MD Anderson Cancer Center, Texas Heart Institute, the list goes on and on of tip-top medical facilities. People come from all over the world to go to these places. I would never begin to discount the work that they are doing there, I just have issues with their requirements for stem cell trials right now. They are trying to make their results closer to perfect, which I do understand.

I believe that Harv inquired about this trial and the criteria is so stringent that they have only recruited a small number of people in two years. I could be wrong, but I think this is the one.