Checking in after a LONG absence

kygal

Hi everyone,

I'm sure there are a lot of people on here that don't know me or remember me as a poster on here last year. I was a caregiver to my husband who had COPD and we had hoped he could get stem cell therapy but it wasn't meant to be. I lost him the end of November and I'm still trying to recover from that loss. I still have a strong belief in the therapy and hope to be able to offer any help I can to others who are ill. Right now, my father is fighting macular degeneration and I'd love to be able to offer him some hope from this therapy. If anyone on here has been treated or knows someone who has for MD, I'd really appreciate you contacting me and sharing what you know.

There have been a lot of changes on the forum since I last visited and I'm really excited about how many new members are on here now. Barb & Jeannine, you both are to be commended for all you've done to bring this forum about, your courage in being pioneers for COPD and the way you both reach out to others. I hope to visit a little more frequently now.

Regards,

Mary

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Mary - You have an open invitation to visit at anytime. For anyone who is new and doesn't know Mary, she is a very special person and a Pioneer in her own right. Welcome back!!

Jeannine

Pioneer Founding member
Barb

I believe that you spoke with someone a few days ago who found that the stem cell treatment had improved their sister's Macular Degeneration. I can't remember who it was though.

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
It was Jesse, however, I do not know the extent of his improvement. I have posed the question for Dr. Ghen on the Ask the Doctor forum and will continue to try to get information for Mary from the new doctor that will be doing stem cell therapy as well.

kygal

Thanks Gals!

Just wanted to add a thank you to you both for your responses and concern. Anything I can find out would be deeply appreciated. I do know that my dad has been convinced by my step-mother to go to Cleveland Clinic when they return from Florida in May but I can't help but think there's probably not a lot they can offer him there. I hate seeing my dad so unsure in his steps and struggling to read and do the things he loves. I'm praying for a encouraging response from the doctor or anyone else that offers some hope.

Hugs,

Mary