Canadian Trial Uses Stem Cells To Regenerate Cardiac Tissue After Heart Attack

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Confusing

Harv - If you don't understand it, I know it is beyond me. I wonder if there is anyone that can be contacted that could give us clarification or if another forum member is familiar with this. If so, please enlighten us.

hlichten

Super Moderator
Harv - If you don't understand it, I know it is beyond me. I wonder if there is anyone that can be contacted that could give us clarification or if another forum member is familiar with this. If so, please enlighten us.
Perhaps we can ask one of the doctors at some time?

Buddy74

Cologne, Germany Stem Cell Treatments.

I have for some time been interested in the Stem Cell Institute in Cologne. I like the fact that it is a first world country and seems to be a first class institute. I have a severe case of Ischemic Cardiomyopathy with at least for now, a constant ejection fraction of about 20% and my cardiologist has told me he doubts if it will move upward. The problem I have is that although the Institute states it has done some 750 stem call procedures practically none have been done with relation to Heart Disease. I would imagine that heart disease and stem cell tratment would be a major treatment. I would prefer to have some history of such procedures before expending the time and money to travel to Cologne. Does anyone on this board have information why they have not entered this field of treatment and has anyone been in touch with someone who has been to Cologne. As I recall in a previous discussion with them they place the stem cells in an artery approaching the heart and not directly into specific heart areas which I understand provides much more benefit. I would appreciate any information available.

Buddy74

Thanks Harv. You are extremely informative I find your information and experience to be quite useful. This is an excellent web-site!

hlichten

Super Moderator
At least you are in Florida, so Germany and all of Europe is at least 3 hours closer to you than me. It has been the very long flight that has been an issue for me. I had oxygen onboard each time I have made the trip.