By way of introduction

Susan

Anastasia,

Howard and I will be leaving from our home 15 miles east of Macon, MS. We live right on the AL/MS state line. Howard has calculated it to be about 2,000 miles from here to San Diego.

Barbara,

Thanks for the insight about breathing. Actually, Howard's sats on O2 are often better than mine! He stays in the 90s but starts to get nervous when he drops to 92.

His Power Lung was delivered a couple of days ago. We got the yellow one, the easiest. He said he could not do the recommended number of breaths but will keep trying. I know most of you "swear" by this device.

Our Eclipse portable arrived and we spent most of the afternoon getting to "know" it. Haven't named it yet tho - LOL. Probably should since it will be part of the family for a little while.

Susan

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
PowerLung

Susan - If Howard can't do it, he shouldn't try for more than one or two puffs on the easiest setting for now. This is something to note in his journal if you are keeping one. I couldn't puff on mine either. I did buy the sports model for athletes by mistake, but even on the easiest setting I wasn't able to do more than a few puffs. I have just recently increased to 4-5 times per day usage of 3 sets of 10 each time at the medium setting. I am increasing because I am getting very impatient about getting off the O2 permanently and I am trying this. It is comparable to a workout if done properly. Maybe, he could take it with him on the trip and try a puff every hour or so. He will strengthen his lungs with it, I guarantee it. Everyone tells me I'm an old windbag now and they used to just call me an old bag, so it must be working.

Jeannine

Pioneer Founding member
Anastasia

I have to agree with Barb. I was too dependent on O2 and was convinced that I had to keep my Stats at 97%. Like Howard I would panic if I dropped below 92%. Since I've given up using O2 pretty much during the day now, I find that I had to teach myself to breathe again. I occasionally drop below 88% if I do alot of walking but I bounce back to over 90& if I stop walking and take a few deep breaths.

Howard - you are a character and remind me of my husband who is also Mississippi born.

My husband named my Eclipse too. JUST MAKE SURE TO UNPLUG THE ECLIPSE FROM THE LIGHTER SOCKET BEFORE YOU TURN OFF THE CAR. leaving it plugged could drain the battery.

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Don't leave us hanging.

Jeannine - What did your husband name your Eclipse? If it is something real bad, I may have to edit the post, but let's hear it anyway. We're all adults. It's probably something cutesy and you just don't want us to know. We found about your martini/swordfish tank top, we will find out about this too.

Susan

To all:

We watched the Power Lung DVD together today and Howard DID do two sets of 10. However, we never felt we had the "inhale" part right as we could not hear any air coming in. However, we DID hear air going OUT on the 1 setting. So he is trying.

Jeannine, I did not mean to mislead you. Howard is not a Mississippi native, nor am I. He was born in Nebraska (one of those corn-fed boys, don't you know) and I was raised in North Alabama. Howard made it to Alabama through a circuituous route from NE through Texas and then here.

He IS a character and altho I have been told it takes a bit of time to get to know him, everyone who knows him really feels he is a "character" - AND a very special one!

I am looking forward to us meeting one day soon and you can see for yourself.

I am sure your husband and mine will find a lot in common. I feel I have a lot in common with you because you were my first "personal contact" so to speak with the Pioneers. I am very honored to have spoken with you personally.

Being in this forum is almost like being at a new school where you make new friends day by day.

I love the idea of a Stem Cell Diet cookbook. Howard's niece is dietician and she has sent a few recipes. Some even included "the other white meat" which Howard is hoping he can find someone to verify it is acceptable!!

If I have veered off into too much personal stuff here, I sincerely apologize.

Susan

Jeannine

Pioneer Founding member
Not to keep anyone hanging -- my in-laws named my Eclipse R2.

Susan

I am working on a Stem Cell diet cookbook. I have to thank Fran (one of the Pioneer founding members) for telling me about the software I can use to do this.

Give me a month or two to get this cookbook going. I do have a former chef who works for me so I'm sure I can get him to test some of these recipes too.

Susan

Jeannine,

That cookbook sounds great - and delicious! Can't wait for you to get it published! Put me first on the list for one!

Susan

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Seitan

I am sending recipes for this too Jeannine and I hope they include seitan, the other "wheat" meat. Also, we need to throw in lots of tofu recipes for John. He has had to give up roadkill for 6 months.

Regine

By Way of Introduction- from Regine

Ward is now out of breath a lot. This started the end of June right after we got back from a trip to Europe (our first). And since he's a mouth breather it makes it more difficult for him to get air. And 4 weeks ago he slipped on a slope in the yard and fractured a couple of ribs which has been a huge setback because it hurts him when he breathes. Anyway, my son and I talked to the doctor for the stem cell clinic on Tuesday and Ward was saying let's go for it and then today we found out from his primary care doctor that after a CT scan for something else when he was in the hospital, an aeortic aneurism showed up and she doesn't know if it's the old one that was repaired 15 year ago or a new one. So now we have to wait to find out that. So I'm feeling pretty discouraged right now.

Regine

From Regine again

By the way, thanx in particular to Barbara, Kygal and Anastasia for writing to me.