Belfrey

rosech44

Tofuuuuuu

Barbara My Friend, You Eat The Tofu, I Will EAT, Avacado's Berries Etc-
Tonite Norm And The Kids Had Pizza, I Ate Leftover Roast Chicken, And An Avacado----good Enough For Me-----

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Tofu Tofu Tofu Tofu

Rose - I am recommending you and Howard for honorary membership in the TOFU Society. This honor is given to both of you for the outstanding publicity you have given tofu. I also have heard a rumor that both of you may be secret tofu eaters, especially Howard. I was told that he sometimes disappears for 10-15 minutes and when Susan finds him out behind the shed, he has tofu on his breath and a few tofu crumbs stuck on him. Of course, he denies it and claims he was looking for medicinal mushrooms, but I guess this is to be expected.

Howard

Ya gotta be tough...

Just a little over five more months and it will be time for a Bologna Burger and a cold beer. After 24 years serving Uncle Sam, I can do that without a doubt And... I am not inviting anyone to join my BB&B club.

rosech44

Bb&b Club

As I Have Never Eaten A Bologna Burger, I Will Cautiously Ask To Join, But, May My Beer Please Be A Corona?????

Tooodle Ooooooo

Last edited:

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
More bad news from the tofu lady for Howard and Rose

A cross-sectional study of 7352 Third National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey participants has linked cured meat consumption with decreased lung function and increased odds of developing COPD. Analysis showed that every extra serving of cured meat per month came with a 2 percent increase in the risk for COPD. Cured meats, such as bacon, sausage, ham and LUNCHEON MEATS are high in nitrates, an added preservative that produces damaging reactive nitrogen species.

This is from Am J Respir Crit Care Med, 2007;175:798-804

Of course there are always those that will challenge these findings, but I have really no desire to be a Pioneer when it comes to testing stuff like this out. I want to be rid of COPD, not encourage a comeback. Maybe, you could find some other kind of club or drop the one B. Geesh, I think I'll go have a Corona and think about all of this.

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
You are full of bologna

Tony - pork out all you like, but this message was really for my friend Howard.

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
A reply to Howard's new best friend.

Tony - I think you're full of bologna just like I said. This article definitely applies to Howard. I don't need any scientific garble, I have used my psychic powers that are truly enhanced by tofu. You can look more at the article if you wish to get more info. That's why I wrote where it came from. I think between the two of you that the club membership is probably full.

Howard

Oh my! What have I done?

Whatever I have done has, of course, been preceded by the MTRF. With that said, we now understand the blandness of Barbara's psyhic powers. I believe that we now have 2 New Hampshireites, an Oregonian, and 2 Mississippi/Alabamians in BB&B. However, Rose, with Bologna Burgers being a Southern thang (pronounced thang) the beer must carry an Anheuscher Busch label. Sorry.

Welcome Tony and Jeannine and Rose and thank you for your support. Can I go to bed now?

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Rose - you might should think this over

So Rose, Are you really going to let these guys fill you with bologna and then make you drink beer of their choice? What kind of club is it anyway? You probably have to sit around in shacks somewhere and listen to some hairy old speaker who is full of bologna at every meeting talk with some kind of twang that makes it so most of us have no clue what he would be saying. They probably even have the Pledge to Bologna before the meeting really gets started and everyone has to bring their favorite bologna dish. Nothing like bologna/chocolate cake to get them excited. They probably wear slices on their heads like doilies. I am seeing that this is probably a private membership club. You can't get in if you aren't full of it.

You have it all wrong Barbara, we gather around a campfire and sing.....

My Bologna has a first name it's OSCAR

My Bologna has a second name it's MAYER

I love to eat it every day

And if you ask me why I'll Saaay

Cause Oscar Mayer has a way with B O L O G N A

(curses on whoever wrote that jingle that I cannot seem to forget:()

Last edited:

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Oscar and the gang

No one could be that enthused. I think maybe Oscar Mayer may have had his way with a few of the members. Just my personal opinion.

rosech44

Anaheiser Busch???????

Please Don't Make Me Drink That Stuff----Can I Have A Bailey's Instead????? You Eat The Bologne Burger, ---I'll Drink The Bailey's:D

We keep drifting away on tangents in the pioneer updates thread.

I blame Barbara....lets call them Barb's Amusing Tangents or BATs for short...

So in light of Halloween being so close I've created the Belfrey here to give the Bats a home

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
More than full of it

Thanks for blaming me. I guess that's why you are a member in good standing of that bologna club. I could think of a better title, but then you would probably ban me for awhile if I posted it. Fooey to youey and all the rest of the members who don't know a good tofu when they see it.

Howard

Been on a downer

The last couple of days have been kinda down but feel like I will be climbing out of this hole shortly. Plus, it finally rained for the first time in six months and the roof leaked...Susan had pots and pans all over the place just like in the cartoons. Hope it is fixed.

I have the count as: Tofu - 1
Non-Tofu - 7

So I guess I don't have to go into the juicy details of preparing and enjoying a true Bologna Burger. If you would like the recipe I am sure Susan would be happy to provide in a private email. Rose, however, what is with the foreign labels? I will allow Widmer although I have never sampled any of it. They do have some neat games on their website.

Jeez! I just felt one zip by my head..........