Becoming a Pioneer in October for CMT Disease

jpfarm

Well, after weighing all of the opportunities, I have reached the decision to try autologous stem cell which is called a "blastomere stem cell". This seems to be as good of an option as the UC Stem cells, since I have found no research tied to CMT. I am scheduled for treatment on October 2, 2008.

I want to thank all of you, as reading your post has incouraged me to move forward, even though our diseases are not related. I especially want to thank Barbara for all of her help. Hope your recent treatment served you well.

I'll update when I get back. Hopefully another CMT victim might stumble across my post and it will help them.

Thanks to All,
jpfarm

Kaci's Mom

So isn't that technically an "embryonic" stem cell transplant? A blastomere is what develops between the time of fertilization and the first week after- is that right? WOW, that's really interesting!!! Do you mind telling what country you are going to for this??
GOOD LUCK- can't wait to here how that works out!!

Kaci's Mom

So isn't that technically an "embryonic" stem cell transplant? A blastomere is what develops between the time of fertilization and the first week after- is that right? WOW, that's really interesting!!! Do you mind telling what country you are going to for this??
GOOD LUCK- can't wait to here how that works out!!
Actually, the more I try to figure out what an "autologous blastomere stem cell" is, the more I think I don't know!!! Since I know what autologous means (self), and blastomere according to "Wikepidia" is the stage in the first week of embryonic develpment- I am SO CONFUSED!!! PLEASE explain!

Last edited:

jpfarm

autologous stem cell / blastomere stem cell

Hi, Kaci's Mom,

You are right on both accounts. The company I am working with has discovered the blastomere cell in adult blood. This is a propriatery process so am only able to direct you to my original contact and she would be glad to tell you what she can. Sorry I can't be of more help at this stage, but as information is publicly released I will be able to share more. If you are interested in a contact, let me know.

Thanks,
jpfarm

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
JP - You are a great Pioneer

Hi JP, Thanks for the nice comments. I think your decision to Pioneer not only to help yourself, but others, is very commendable. None of us really know if whatever treatment we choose will help us at this point, but those of us that have decided to allow ourselves to be part of this century's most promising medical technology can truly be called Pioneers. I wish you all the best and know you will keep us informed.

Kaci's mom - JP will have treatment in the U.S. and Mexico at this company. Extraction here, infusion there. Correct me if I am wrong JP, but that is how they have been doing it. When will the U.S. ever quit putting us through such hoops? Don't anyone get me started GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

As for me, I am feeling very good, although today I went to work and when I got home I had to take a nap! This is very unusual for me to be tired during the day. The doctor did tell me to rest for 3 weeks and I am doing just that. I actually kind of liked the nap part. I think I may plan to spend the final week after treatment just lounging around on the couch eating bon bons. Doctor's orders will be my excuse. Fat chance however in my furry and feathery household.