Barry Brooks

Jeannine

Pioneer Founding member
When Barb and I started this forum we were adamant about not blocking people from posting here even when it was something we might not agree with, but I'm afraid Barry Brooks has pushed me to the limit.

To Barry:
We do not need people suffering from paranoia posting here. It's really not very helpful and has nothing to do with stem cells.

If you can't keep to the topic then please refrain yourself from posting. This is the last warning. Quite frankly, I've had it. Between your character assassinations about us on other COPD Forums, sending me emails accusing me of being dishonest when it was YOU who type the wrong email address, and then continuously posting on the forum that we read private emails and demanding we investigate things that you want. We are not your servants.

I've grown quite tired of your accusations. They have no basis in reality and are created in your paranoid brain. Unless you can change your attitude REAL FAST, we will have to block you from posting here.

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Dear Barry,

What a great delight hearing from you on a Monday. You have accused us of editing out Bridget's posts. I think you will find all of her posts intact. I have no clue where you were looking for them. Your skills at playing investigative reporter are so primitive that it is laughable. When you have nothing to complain about, make something up. Is that it? Every forum has its pain in the donkey. You are ours. I have to agree with Jeannine that you will be blocked if you make one more untrue accusation or time wasting post. It is annoying to all members to think there is a new post and then find out it is just plain old delusional Barry playing pretend again. Barb

Steven

So many questions.....

Hi everyone, I am a new member, I had a major MI last year May, a quintuple bypass of which two are now blocked, and a AICD for those special moments that I share with loved ones. My EF was 18% and now I'm at 30% and constantly have CHF which keeps me chained at home, and under a watchful eye in case something happens to me, but thats everyones fear, not mine.

I am inquiring about stem cells, my cardiologist thinks I'm talking a new form of english that he does not understand, let alone me. So for this race horse, I'm not going down without a good fight. I'm tired of being sick.....

Tell me whats the difference between the types of treatments available?
How do you know what company to trust?
Imbilical cord....adult cells (from your own blood)? mouse? .............
What to expect and how long does it last? Do you need followup treatments?

If you use the imbilical, are you subject to rejection of the cells? What about contaigous disease ?

Thanking you in advance,

Steven

Jeannine

Pioneer Founding member
HI Steven

Welcome to the Pioneers group.

We can only tell you about two places that we know are legitimate, notthat any others aren't it's just that we don't know anyone who has gone to other places.

Some of us received umbilical cord stem cells in Mexico (there is no chance of rejection) while Nassin when to Argentina and received his own adult stem cells.

W don't know how long it lasts at this point because no one has had this treatment for longer than 6 months. Nassin on December 28, 2006 and Barb and me on April 5th, 2007. All we can tell you is that we have all seen improvements in our breathing and I have even noticed some improvements in my heart rate. I will send you the specifics via private email.

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Welcome

There is another company in Costa Rica that Nassin's brother just went to for treatment. Nassin reports, so far so good. Hopefully, we can now add it to our list of companies that have been reliable and safe. I know you will get all kinds of good info on here and keep posting because you will keep thinking of more questions. As far as heart patients go, I think that more long term data should be available on that. I bought a great book from Amazon from a patient that had stem cell treatment for cardiac problems in the U.S. It is called "Stem Cells Saved My Life" by Bernard Van Zyl. This man was able to get in on a good clinical trial in the U.S. I would not want to chance waiting for that, but I recommend the book because it tells how stem cells literally saved his life. It shows how stem cells have been used for quite a long time here in the U.S. and yet the treatment is not freely available for most people. It was a real pleasure to speak to you on the phone Steven. One of the biggest problems is trust. When Jeannine and I went for treatment, we had no idea if the treatment would help us. We had to trust that it would and we had to trust the company that was providing the treatment. That is why we call ourselves the Pioneers. Nassin was the first person I had ever heard about who got stem cell treatment. He didn't even have our little group to offer support to him. Then Jeannine and I took the plunge and then Larry, Nelson, and Ray. Along the way, we met Ed who has a fantastic story. Several other Pioneer members are scheduled for treatment this summer. There are no hard core statistics for any of us. As a cardiac patient, I think you will see that this is one disease that has been helped tremendously by stem cell treatment. The doctor in Argentina where Nassin went, noticed that the cardiac patients he was treating began to show much improved lung function also. He then tested it on an employee with severe emphysema and it helped him dramatically. The rest is history as more and more people are being given a second chance because of stem cell therapy. Welcome to you and all the other new members. I would do this again in a heartbeat. You will be taken aback a little because there aren't endless forms to fill out and a zillion tests to be taken. The treatment is simple, done quickly and the results are nothing short of astonishing in my case. I went from constant SOB to SOB free in less than 90 days. If anyone wants to check me out, please come visit. One of the forum members did just that this last Saturday. She is now signing up to get treatment for herself.

sp1d3rdan

Barbara,

Your results are encouraging for the rest of us with Chronic Illness. I wish you continued benefit. Have you considered doing another injection or is this one enough for you?

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
I haven't considered a booster (for me it was given through an IV) because at 90+ days, I feel that I am progressing as I should. We all need to remember that this is not something where you receive the cells and within 24 hours you are cured. My "tiny little steps" progress makes me impatient, but I also realize that I am feeling so much better that the therapy is working. There is no two ways about it. I am doing things that I haven't done for years and not feeling dead to the world afterward. I am too much energy at times and must force myself to take a break here and there. Patients with MS and ALS, etc. are advised that they will need boosters. The doctor did not feel that COPD patients will need one, but I know my way to the clinic now if I find that I do. Please look at the Announcements section for some good news.