back from D. R.

karl wagner

Everyones post have been a big help to me so I would like to post mine.
First let me straighten out the cost , it is 44,500.00 but by the time you take your sister and a freind , plane tickets, motel,etc you have a large cost basis.
It is cheaper if you don't use a catheter.Suposedly i am the first person in the world to be treated with these cells and this delivery system for ph.

The plane ride was much easier than i expected I was percribed 6 lph but really needed only 2 or 3. Got there and met a beautyfull young couple that took us every where .One of them stayed with us almost all the time.They checked our reicepts ,took us shopping, out to dinner I almost forgot why i was there.I spoke to Dr. G the second day .The cells were on there way from Isreal and we got 35 million .The averge is 22 million also the avg number for the strength of the cells is 14 and mine were 400. So they are equal to super cells.

Third day sister leaves me and goes to all day spa and my freind goes to basball museams and stadiams. I was sceduled for the surgury at 7 pm. At 6:30 Dr. g comes in and said the plane was held up in n.y. there for missing the flight in miami and the cells were 12 hours late. First thing i asked was are the cell going to be alive. He and there scientist said I still had 80% survival And that the cells were so strong he wanted to use them and if i don't get anything out of this treatment he would do it again for free.

Fouth day i had the surgery about ten a.m. it went fine I threw up once but it past quickly. I think it was the seditiives. I rested the rest of the day and flew home the next day.

I have only been back a couple of days but i feel much better mentaly.I can focus on my business and things i have been neglecting for a long time. Also doing much better on treadmill five miles maxing out at 3.5 speed 3 incline on 8lph.Before i was walking 2 miles and having to stop from time to time. But my numbers walking around the house and driving have not changed.Maybe I'm just trying to get my monies worth.

I have to put in a word for regenacyte. The staff would bend over backwards for you in naples and the D.R. They are still calling to check on me. They gave private after hour numbers if i needed anything through the entire process.Every office was state of the art . My hospital room had a waiting room 2 tile bathrooms flat screen tv and four nurses.The operating room had all new equipment. The guide in the d.r.stayed with me in the operating room and rubbed my head during the operation I feel like she is my baby sister.
Anyway we will see if it works . I am scheduled to have my pressure checked at one month. Hard numbers and facts thats what i want to see.
BY the way canada is now taking people for phase two ph trials. Big things happing.

good luck to everyone.Sorry for my grammar and spelling.

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Welcome back Karl

Karl - Thanks for your post. Please don't worry about your spelling or grammar, hearing from you is far more important. I look forward to some more updates after the cells have had time to do some work. Were you in Santo Domingo? If you are the first for this procedure, then you are really a true Pioneer. I hope you see significant improvements, but remember, these can take time. Your treadmill workouts sound quite impressive. Also, feeling better mentally is a great sign. Keep up the good work and welcome back.

anney_uk

Back from DR

Karl, how long was your flight and where did you go to.? I am hoping to have a four hour flight - my fev1 is around 14 now and I am quite worried about the flight. Do your lungs react to the pressure at all? Anything you can tell me will be appreciated. Thanks. Anney

karl wagner

anney I was really worried about the plane ride but it was nothing. The most o2 they can give is 6lph so get a perscription from your doctor for that amount. If you need less use less. Don't stress it't not going to be as bad a you think.If you are taking a portable with you don't forget to call the airline 24 hours before the flight.

karl wagner

i forgot to asnswer the flight time. it was about an hour and a half. It was the desiding factor of what company i went with. I went with regenocyte in dominican republic a direct flight from miami.

anney_uk

back from D.R.

Thanks Karl, that is very helpful and encouraging - hope you have lots of benefit and good times ahead.
Anney

rosech44

Best Wishes

Karl----glad To Hear You've Had Your Treatment, May You Soon Feel Like A New Man----it Won't Happen Overnight, But In Your Body's Own Time. We Are All Different, And Our Bodies React Different Too--I Wish You Well---