ataxia and stem cells

Kendall

Hi, I have been diagnosed with a hereditary Ataxia SCA 3. I was wondering if anyone has heard of someone who has Ataxia who has received Stem Cells? Thank you!

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
More info

Could you please provide a little more information about your disease? I do not know anyone personally that has had treatment for it, but I can certainly try to find out if stem cell therapy is being done for it.

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Hereditary Ataxia SCA 3

Kendall - The doctor where I got my treatment has just sent me an e-mail. He says he would treat a patient with hereditary Ataxia SCA 3. There have been some conditions that he has said he could not help, but in your case, it sounds like good news.

jweldon48

Ataxia

HI Kendall - I have some form of cerrbellar ataxia. I had stem cell treatment
on 8/20/07... stll waiting.

Jesse

Kendall

Ataxia and Stem Cells

Hi Jesse, Where did you receive the Stem Cells and how where they administered? Thank you, Kendall

jweldon48

ataxia

hi Kendall - It was at Dr. ramirez' office in Tijuana and they did it through the femoral artery...kind of like angioplasty...up to the brain. I thnk I got that right. It was done through Dr. Payne's office in San Clemente, ca. I went to San Diegp...it was pretty easy. No change yet....still early.

Jesse

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Dr. R

Is Dr. Ramirez doing adult stem cells only? We have asked him several times to participate in our forum and prior to this forum, several Pioneers tried communicating with him and never got a response. Is he ready to take patients or is it a referral situation? Does he do the treatment in a hospital or in a clinic? I'm not trying to grill you, I'm just trying to find out anything you know that would be helpful to our forum members. Thank you.

jweldon48

Dr. Ramirez

Barbara - He uses cord blood stem cells. Dr.Payne could tell you more. He accepts new patients. The work was done at his office...except there was more equipment than usual.

It's ok to ask questions.

Jesse

Kendall

Ataxia and Stem Cells

Hi Jesse, Thank you. I will be having my treatment done in Costa Rica next month. They will be doing 5 injections in my spine and 4 IV'S. I leave Oct 5, 2007. I will let you know how I do. Thank you, Kendall