Another round of therapy

jpfarm

Hi, All,
Just wanted to share with everyone, and I hope a few followers of my threads that have CMT. I have decided to take another round of treatments. I had my first one in September and have my second one scheduled for next week. Details of the first treatment will be at the end of this thread.

I decided to go ahead with another round of treatments, based on the fact that even though I didn't get the repair I was hoping for (muscle building nerve conductivity) I did get tremendouse results in other areas (detailed in my earlier threads). I am conviced that a lot of my non-related problems are actualy a part of this disease and since none of these problems have re-appeared that maybe this round will advance to the actual nerves. I would encourage anyone with CMT to take a hard look at Stem Cell therapy, it has made my life a lot more tolerable. My thinking is that I have back stepped 3-5 years in the progress of my disease (no longer have to wear those AOL braces one of the biggest thngs).

Even though you don't know what the cells are doing for several months after your treatment, I have found that there are indicatores, usually inflamation/moderate pain. On this first round, the day after my treatment I had pain in my kneck, shoulders and head that wasn't a normal pain. I can't know what exactly they went to work on for several months so will have to wait and see exactly what they are doing. What I do know about the shoulder and neck area is that I had a svere car wreck about ten years ago and lost a lot of mobility in thaes areas. About the third day I started getting a strange feeling in my blind eye so got my wife to measure where my original improvemnt had stopped progressing (aprox. 7/8 of an inch from the rimm of my glasses). Not an exact science of measuring, but something that will help me determine the improvement. She re-measured 4 weeks after my teatment and found it had improved my range of vison by 1/8 of an inch. Doesn't sound like much, but believe me I can tell it.

I will end on one point that I think is critical to being a Pioneer. When you have a treatment keep a daily diary on wht is going on with your entire body. Not just to the disease you are fighting. My diary helped me get through the periods that I felt everything was hopeless and it will help you pin point improvemnts that overtime you may not realize happened.

Good luck to all that are in the Pioneering process, but rember it is our only hope to develope life improving opportunities for so many diseases that are non-treatable. I'll keep you updated on my progress.

jpfarm

Another round

Alex,

My Doctor is located in Costa Mesa, CA. I am working with a research firm and information is propritery which limits what I can tell you. If you want additional information, PM me and I can get you in contact with them or answer some of your questions in a private message.

All of my treatments have been with the same group and located very convenient. Has been a wonderful group to work with and are very sincere on this application.

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Always good to hear from you JP. Many companies do not care to operate publicly because of the harassment that can come with it via the FDA. This company has been urged to become active with ICMS and to join other doctors who are coming out of the closet, but at this time has chosen not to operate publicly. I hope they will reverse that decision in the near future. It is going to take a lot of doctors getting on board with ICMS to give the FDA the message that enough is enough. What they are doing is legal and the FDA should not be allowed to intimidate these companies that are offering safe autologous stem cell treatments.

jpfarm

Biggest fear

You are 100% right, there biggest fear is the FDA. My opinion is the FDA is probably corrupted with the big money Pharmaceutical companies.

I do feel that they will be coming Public soon, I know they are working on it. It is a shame that this type of research is takeing the back seat in our country. I have been working hard on my Nueroligist and Family Doctor to get up to speed on Stem Cells and suprisingly they seem to be in support.

Thanks for your and Stem Cell Pioneers support,
Jpfarm

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
JP - Please have your doctors join ICMS at www.stemcelldocs.org It's going to take the support of a lot of doctors to accomplish what we need in this country. If they are showing an interest, then they should become members.

It is also time for doctors and owners of stem cell treatment clinics to quit trembling at the mere mention of the FDA. The FDA cannot interfere with the practice of medicine. The law makes that very clear. They are intimidating doctors and owners however and these doctors and owners must stand up to them. I hope this will be forthcoming very soon from the company where you were treated.

jpfarm

Icms

Good Morning, Barbara,

I will share this with my Doctors and encourage them to give us there support. Thanks for the information.

John

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
I have given them my 2 cents on the subject, but it would be very helpful if one of their patients were to do so also. Thank you.