Another member lost

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
I'm sad to announce that member, Patti, has lost her battle with COPD. Patti was an optimistic lady who I am honored to say was a friend as well as a wealth of information on a variety of subjects. We enjoyed e-mailing back and forth for several years. She got an infection that she just couldn't shake. I will miss her a lot. RIP Patti.

careyje

I am sorry for your loss, Barbara

I've been on the website: myCOPDteam.com and one of the hardest things to get beyond is the loss of people that we've come to enjoy.

While many on that site are in their last stages of illness, and absolutely anti-stem cell treatments, I'm proud to say that I've also learned a lot and am spreading the word to keep on trying. That we don't know what we don't know, and that none of us ever get enough time on this earth. I hope memories of your friend will comfort you during this difficult time.

Regards,
Joanne

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Patti was someone who embraced life. She was looking forward to trying several new options for treatment. She got an infection she just couldn't shake though and was put in a rehab facility where she then got pseudomonas. Very sad indeed!

I cannot understand anyone being "absolutely anti-stem cell treatments". Thanks for spreading the word and continuing to keep an open mind to all possibilities. I used to belong to a similar group of "anti's" years ago. I decided the negativity and the constant talk of getting one's affairs in order just wasn't my cup of tea.