Alpha One

viv1314

Hello

I'm Vivian, I'm 52 years old, I was diagnosed with Alpha 1 Antitrypsin Deficiency and Emphysema 11 years ago. I have been getting augmentation therapy once a week for the past 8 years. This past October I was put on oxygen pretty much 24/7. I am presently being evaluated for a double lung transplant in the near future. I just learned of stem cells being used in copd patients and theis website through my son. I am very interested in stem cell research. Any advice or knowledge anyone can share would be greatly appreciated. I'm not sure if this is the best way to post my message. I just registerd and I'm still trying to become familiar with the site.

Jeannine

Pioneer Founding member
HI Viv

Welcome to our site. There are two ways to familiarize yourself with stem cells for COPD. Read the postings under Pulimonary diseases or you can purchase the book (click on link at the top of your screen).

I co-authored the book with Barb Hanson. We were the first two people who had umbilical cord stem cell transplants for COPD that we know of.

You can private message eith of us and we will happily answer any questions.