allergies upper respiratory damage

jbolo

Hello

I am new here & compared to many illnesses here on this site I know mine may appear minor. I have allergies & chronic perennial rhinitis & following surgeries my upper airways have been ruined so much so that I am unable to work or socialize & this has been going on for 11 years or more.

I have joined an online group called 'empty nose' & have joined a helminthic therapy group where I have self infected myself with 110 hookworm for allergies, but without success. Members of the empty nose are currently having stem cell & prp injections directly in to the nose by doctors in Italy & the US. But these have just started & it is difficult to assess, as people have different symptoms & different areas of damage.

I found an interesting article by some researchers in Pusan University who injected adipose stem cells in to mice & their allergic upper airways saw improvements. I contacted them & they said they were along way from treating humans. I know vets are using stem cells for allergies etc.. on pets.

I then came across a Dr Berman in LA who says he has used stem cells with patients in the US & in collaboration with WA-Optimal Health Care Facility - see www.waohc.com. I have contacted the clinic but have not really got far with them. I have contacted Dr Berman & he has said the treatments works, but has not carried out empirical studies.

I don't have funds to just go here & there & am scared of ending up worse than I am. I just wonder if there was anyone out there with similar issues or whether they could point me to a body that could answer my questions without bias. Guess I am in a desperate place & need to get out of it.

Thanks

Judy

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Welcome to the forum!

I will include your questions in this month's Ask the Doctor. I believe you will get an unbiased response.

The answers to this month's Ask the Doctor should appear near the end of the month. They will be posted in the Spotlight Section for one month and then archived in the Ask the Doctor section.