Advocate toolkit for advancing stem cell legislation

gh253

Sorry I started another thread without reading this one first. Do you know when we can expect an update on the progress of the bill? It's hard to be positive when we're relying on the support of tyrannical imbiciles like Patty Murray.

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Here's more info from the FDA Law Blog

http://www.fdalawblog.net/fda_law_blog_hyman_phelps/2016/03/proposed-legislation-would-create-a-new-conditional-approval-pathway-to-market-for-regenerative-medi.html

The bill is not clear on whether it will help or hurt same day treatments which are often done for orthopedic procedures and lung disease for example. It's truly unfortunate that it has come to this in the first place. Government involvement in medical procedures is most likely to involve way too many unresolved issues, not to mention the creation of new problems. That's my take anyway.

gh253

So by supporting this bill, we would potentially be trading unregulated access to 361s in exchange for faster access to 351s?

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
It could potentially happen. I think clarification is greatly needed. If you have time, please contact one or more of the sponsors and let them know your thoughts and concerns. Mike Coffman is who I'm contacting because I live in Colorado and he's a sponsor.