Adrenal Fatigue/HPA Axis Dysfunction

hawksfan9325

Hello from Illinois. My name is Patrick, and I have been dealing with a form of dysautonomia that isn't entirely understood yet here in America. I have "adrenal fatigue", which is not a true medical diagnosis, but rather a set of symptoms related to low functioning adrenal glands. My biggest issues are..

1. Fatigue
2. Insomnia
3. Mood swings
4. Nausea
5. Lack of Appetite
6. Dizziness
7. Muscle Weakness
8. Brain Fog
9. Depression
10. Anxiety
11. Low Stress Tolerance
12. Lacking Motivation

Now, this list of issues may appear entirely psychological to some, but I assure you that it's gotten so bad that I had to stop working for awhile. I tried various Psych medications, and those often made things worse. I tend to get a very high Pulse Rate when standing, and it adds to the fatigue.

I wanted to introduce myself, and see if anyone has a similar story. For now, I see stem cells as still being in the first inning, but I would love to learn as much as I can. I am only 26, and have hope that I can find a treatment down the road to help me out!

Patrick

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
I am going to submit this to our Ask the Doctor hosts next month. Their answers will be posted at the end of June. Thank you for joining us!

hawksfan9325

I am going to submit this to our Ask the Doctor hosts next month. Their answers will be posted at the end of June. Thank you for joining us!

Is there anywhere I should post this, or are you going to take care of this for me? I appreciate you doing this for a newbie like myself!

Thanks

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
I'll take care of it. Look for the reply from the host doctors in the Spotlight section at the end of June. The current Ask the Doctor is always posted in the Spotlight section before being archived in the Ask the Doctor section.