Adipose Stem Cells for Peripheral Neuropathy Study

peg

Hi Everyone,
It has been a year since my first two adipose stem cell treatments by Dr. Todd Malan of Scottsdale, Arizona. If you recall I suffer with chronic neuropathic pelvic pain due to complications of a hysterectomy in 1996. On September 5, 2014, I flew back to Scottsdale, Az for another 2 treatments of adipose stem cells. Dr. Malan & I decided that I needed another treatment due to continued pelvic pain. He felt that I had more tissue/nerve damage than what we both originally thought. However , saying that I will say that my pain scores did drop a couple points from the first two treatments. Dr. Malan wanted to build upon the work of the stem cells from the first two treatments. Dr. Malan & his new partner Dr. Lewis harvested 326 million stem cells from my adipose tissue of my abdomen!!! Last year Dr. Malan harvested 63 million. Dr. Malan told me that my stem cells were very healthy! He & I are expecting great results with this treatment ! I hardly felt any pain during the procedure! They used a lot of local anesthetic to keep me comfortable during the procedure. Dr. Malan injected a small amount into my damaged nerve area of my vaginal cuff. Then he gave the rest of the stem cells to me through my IV! My pain score was 5 before the procedure. When I arrived at my hotel 2 hours later my pain had dropped to 1!!! Today my pain level is still at 1. But what I have noticed is that it is more concentrated in one area. Plus it isn't radiating down to my labia. Also, this morning I woke up with a very moist mouth instead of a dry one from the narcotics. Dr. Malan wants me to journal a head to toe assessment daily! Dr. Malan will be taking a sabbatical for research at his new clinic in the Bahamas until next year. Dr. Lewis will be seeing patients at the Scottsdale clinic (Innovative Cosmetic Surgery Center. Dr. Malan told me that his clinic in the Bahamas are doing advanced heart stem cell techniques! I will keep everyone updated about my progress with this stem cell treatment! Take care.........Peg

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Thanks for your update peg. So far, it sounds like you've had a significant reduction in pain. That has to be a relief!!

Is Dr. Malan working with Okyanos Heart Institute in the Bahamas or will he have his own clinic?

peg

Adipose stem cells for peripheral neuropathy/study

Barbara,
Dr. Malan has his own clinic in the Bahamas. I am keeping a journal to monitor any changes in my body. I've noticed that on the 3 rd day I woke up with a very moist mouth instead of the normal dry one from narcotic therapy. My granuloma skin disease has improved tremendously! As for my pelvic pain, sitting pain score 2/standing pain score .5! I'm praying for a positive outcome!!

peg

Adipose Stem Cells for Peripheral Neuropathy

Hello Everyone ,
I need to make a correction . Dr. Malan's new partner name is Dr. Jeffrey Lee. My pelvic pain continues to fluctuate between 1-4. I text Dr. Malan regarding concern of pelvic pain. He text me to let me know that neurogenic pain tends to get worse before getting better. I'm returned to taking lyrica but at a lower dose of 50mg. I am remaining positive that my pain will be relieved with stem cells. Take care.......Peg

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
peg - I sincerely hope that you will get the relief from the pain that you are hoping for. Thank you for continuing to update us on what is happening with you post treatment. I wish other patients would do so as well. It is extremely helpful to hear from patients who have had treatment and not just from the ivory towers group in academia who have no actual patient experience.