A video from Dr Young

Jeannine

Pioneer Founding member
We received this from Dr Henry Young. An important video for all patients and physicians.

We welcome everyone to the new academic year 2009-2010... May it be a productive and joyous one. As you will read in the GHHS newsletter, this year the Gold Foundation marks its 20th anniversary. As part of the commemoration, the Foundation has produced a video, which we encourage you to view at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2OetdHJqM8(copy into your browser).

The video gives dimension and drama to our mission and accomplishments. It's a crucial year in terms of pending health reform, and a challenging year for the Gold Foundation. This video makes clear how quality healthcare depends equally on compassionate care and clinical excellence. If you agree, please pass the video link on to colleagues, family and friends. Invite them to watch it and to discuss it with you. The impact of your forwarding this video can be huge. 5,000 GHHS members, like you, will receive this email and newsletter. We invite you to help us spread the word. Then, follow along with us on YouTube as we watch the count of viewers rise as our video traverses the globe. Thanks for sending this on. We welcome your feedback. THE GOLD HUMANISM HONOR SOCIETY OF THE ARNOLD P. GOLD FOUNDATION

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Excellent video. I wish it had been available when I went to my first visit with a pulmonologist who slept through most of my pulmonary function testing. I do think he was an exception thank heavens. I think this video is very important in terms of realizing what could be lost if health care reform is only seen as a monetary issue. We cannot lose the patient-doctor relationship and allow someone in the government to practice medicine on us. There has to be much better definition to the present bills. I cannot be for something that is not understood by the very people who are trying to tell me that it is good for me. We have enough of that with our own stem cells being declared drugs so that we effectively cannot get treatment that is relevant in the U.S. We don't need it for basic health care. Thank you Dr. Young.