A mothers fight against ms

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
This is a heartbreaking story as so many are, but please share widely and help if you can. I can only imagine how difficult it would be to have small children and be chronically ill. It's hard enough later in life. Shelsey is a real pioneer.

https://www.crowdrise.com/a-mothers-fight-against-ms

A MOTHERS FIGHT AGAINST MS
Organized by: Shelsey Polito

THE STORY:
My name is Shelsey Polito. In 2014, six weeks after the birth of my first daughter the right side of my body went numb. After numerous MRIs, a spinal tap, and several other tests, I was finally diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis. For almost two years I was able to manage ok and had a fairly normal life. I became pregnant again. In December of 2015 and three months pregnant, I went to bed as normal. I woke up in the middle of the night paralyzed on the left side of my body. I was unable to walk or talk. I was airlifted to Lubbock, TX. I spent two months at a Rehabilitation center relearning how to walk. I was released a couple days before Easter. I used a wheelchair and was able to walk short distances with a walker. On July 4th of this year, I gave birth to my first daughter. A few days after having her, both of my legs became numb and weak. I am now confined solely to a wheelchair. I have to have help getting to the bathroom, shower, or even in bed. I have To have someone with me at all times because I cannot take care of my children on my own. I am desperate for help and just want to be able to take care of my children like a mother should be able to. I've done a lot of research and believe that Stem Cell Treatment is my best option for a normal life. The success of this treatment is amazing! It is used in numerous other countries. However, the FDA has not yet approved this treatment. In order to get it, I'd have to go to Panama City, Panama. The treatment will cost $20,000. My husband has had to miss an extensive amount of work in order to take care of me and our children. We are unable to come up with that amount of money on our own. I'm asking for prayers and help to raise enough money so I can recieve this much needed stem cell treatment. My current conditions makes it difficult to feel like a mother to my children. Anything helps. Thank you and God Bless.