3rd Installment - 10 more questions with Dr. Burton Feinerman

Status
Not open for further replies.
1) In the last forum another doctor answered a question concerning whey. The question was asked if whey should be avoided since some stem cell diets excluded dairy products. The doctor answered that whey is a good source of protein and he recommended a diet that is high in protein and good fats. Do you agree with this? If a person has no lactose intolerance or mucous problems is dairy okay? I have COPD.
The main things to avoid after stem cell therapy are radiation (x-rays and excessive sunshine) for at least three months and alcohol.
It's OK to eat whey.

2) Do you know of any patients that have experienced excessive itching following stem cell therapy? If so, what do you recommend to relieve this? I also experienced this when I had live cells injected. It was called the dreaded rash.
Itching may occur in about one to five percent of the patients. It's OK to take either Benadryl, Claritin or Allegra plus hydrocortisone cream to relieve the pruritus which usually clears up in a few days.

3) I had a lung transplant 7 years ago. It is a single lung and in chronic failure for over 2 years. When I get my stem cell transplant, which lung will the stem cells go to - the native lung or the transplanted lung? My native lung is about 5% functional and my total FEV1 is 26%. I am on 5lpm O2 support 24/7. What results can I expect?
The stem cells will go to the native lung. The goal would be to improve the pulmonary function in the weak lung with the use of pulmonary progenitor stem cells and growth factors. Your FEV1 and function should improve and your need for oxygen decrease. We have improved our procedure and have higher expectations.

4) You recommend that red meat be avoided for at least 6 months after stem cell therapy and yet you say chicken and turkey are okay. Aren't there a lot of harmful antibiotics and hormones in both chicken and turkey that is processed today? Why is red meat to be avoided if chicken and turkey aren't?
In general I do not recommend eating red meat because it is carcinogenic and also increases risk of arteriosclerosis and heart damage. OK to eat organic chicken and turkey that have no harmful chemicals.

5) I feel so good one day like I have made lots of improvement. Then I may be worse than ever the next day. Is this normal? Will this always happen? Another person that had treatment at the same time hasn't shown any signs of change. Do some people not make any improvements or does it just take more time for some? We both have COPD.
It takes at least six to twelve months to see the improvement. We are also exploring a technique to do direct pulmonary stem cell transplants and to add various growth factors to enhance the survival, engraftment and proliferation of the stem cells. I shall write more about this next month in the Pioneer newsletter.

6) You recommend the use of secretagogues after treatment. When should these be started and how long should they be continued? What do they actually do to help a person improve their condition?
Secretagogues are rich in amino acids that stimulate the pituitary to produce growth hormone. This is turn helps in stem cell metabolism.

7) How do you discover what diseases can be treated with stem cell therapy? Is there some criteria that helps you to know what diseases will respond to treatment or is all of this still in the experimental stage?
Stem cells are capable of treating Alzheimer's, Parkinsonism, Post Stroke, Multiple Sclerosis, Diabetes, Chronic Kidney Disease, ALS, spinal cord injuries, severe heart disease, lupus, crohn's and rheumatoid arthritis.
Some cases can be treated with umbilical cord stem cells; others with embryonic stem cells and a group that can respond to adult autologous stem cells.
The main questions we are working on is what is the best form of delivery- intravenous, local injections or direct implants into the organs. All of these techniques we are now in a position to do.

8) You have stated that brain damage and diseases like advanced Alzheimers can be helped with stem cell therapy. How is this possible? Can a person actually recover from such things?
We are confident that Alzheimer and patients with other neurodegenerative diseases can respond to stem cell therapy in a very positive way.
We are determining whether IV stem cells with a medium that gets through the brain barrier and is given by IV is best, or whether we should give the cells in the spinal canal with a catheter or direct implant into the brain.

9) I have Parkinsonism. What progress is being made treating this disease with stem cell therapy?
We are very optimistic about our current protocols to treat Parkinsonism and expect to publich a peer review paper next year summarizing our experience.

10) I have read that some MS patients seem to get so much better at first and then have relapses. Is this commonplace and should a person expect to constantly have to get booster treatments or will improvement finally become permanent and not fleeting?
With multiple sclerosis patients it is not only important to treat them with neuron stem cells with brain neuropeptide, neurotrophin and nerve cell factor; but to treat the autoimmune process with appropriate agents including dendritic cells. We are planning to consider whether IV, intra-spinal cather or direct implants into the nerve tissues are the best approach. The plan is find the best method so that repeat treatments may not be necessary.
In the next two months we shall be making announcements that are quite dramatic and include treatment approaches that we feel are very safe and highly effective and not available anywhere else.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS AND BEST WISHES FOR YOUR HEALTH. THE YEAR 2008 WILL BE A GREAT YEAR FOR AMAZING ADVANCES IN GIVING REALISTIC HOPE TO MANY PEOPLE.

Status
Not open for further replies.