25 with spastic cp on my right side. can it help me?

Age and Brain regeneration

The increased brain plasticity that is present in a younger age seems to be a factor but certainly at 25 years of age your brain is still continuing to grow and adapt at very vigorous pace. I don't think that there are any hard and fast rules in stem cell therapy, things are moving forward very quickly. Here are some testimonials from the Nepsis web page...
http://www.nepsisinstitute.com/testimonials.php
Dave Snow

marketpantry

This is true but stemcells especially embrionic ones in theory are supposed to make your brain more plastic. is this not the current theory?

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Our Ask the Doctor host next month works with esc therapy. Your question will be submitted to the doctor, however, I encourage others to post their replies to your question.

Embryonic Stem cell therapy

The best match of stem cells for you are your own. Brain plasticity is a term that refers to the the brains ability to grow, change and improve the brain injury you may have received that is causing your cerebral palsy symptoms. Autologous stem cells delivered to your central nervous system either by lumbar puncture or perhaps delivered to the arteries that feed the brain via a catheter. Ethical reasons aside, be wary of receiving either embryonic or fetal stem cells. You will run the risk of host graft rejection with these and embryonic stem cells have been linked to the formation of teratomas. There is no reason to expose yourself to risk at this point of development in stem cell therapy. It is still experimental but my son has received 5 doses of umbilical cord blood derived stem cells over the last 8 years without harmful side effects. I know that when Nepsis finally sets up their Costa Rica operation, the cost should come down. I don't know the price of the treatment that XCell in Germany charges.
Dave

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
I felt the same way as you do about embryonic stem cells until I spoke with the doctor who will be hosting. I found the conversation very interesting and not what I had expected. Therefore, I offered an invitation so we can have a discussion on the forum concerning embryonic stem cell therapy. I hope members will come up with some challenging questions for the host.

marketpantry

I felt the same way as you do about embryonic stem cells until I spoke with the doctor who will be hosting. I found the conversation very interesting and not what I had expected. Therefore, I offered an invitation so we can have a discussion on the forum concerning embryonic stem cell therapy. I hope members will come up with some challenging questions for the host.
What do you mean you felt the same way? In what way?

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
I'm sorry I didn't make myself clear, but I was referring to what Dave said about embryonic stem cell therapy.