1 year post-Stroke: best cells clinics

stemcellsknight

Hi to all.
I wonder why we haven't got an appropriate section for Stroke.
I'll post here anyway.

I am nearly 1 year post stroke and my symptoms haven't improved yet in spite of all the rehab hours.
I had an haemorrhagic brainstem stroke (to the midbrain, to be more precise) last July.
It was due to an arterio-venous malformation which suddenly and spontaneously burst.
From what I read here and there I am fortunate to have only a one-side lockup (I have a strong spasticity to right limbs, and tremors to the right hand).
It could have been yet worse, but consider I was only 29 at the time of the accident.

My question is: do I have any chance of regaining function by means of a stem cell therapy at this time?
If I ought to try, what clinic would you suggest?
Many thanks in advance.

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
If enough stroke patients start posting, we can create a category for you. I will ask the opinion of a couple of doctors that help out on this forum and let you know what they say. Not all clinics treat all diseases or conditions, but before worrying about a clinic, the important thing would be to see if your condition might improve with stem cell therapy.

stemcellsknight

Thank you very much, Barbara.
Hope to see some good news in the near future.
If you know or have been in contact with someone who had both stroke and a cellular therapy, please share your experiences!

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Yes, you do have a chance of regaining function is the word I received. It was felt that progress might be slow and you would need to continue your therapy for best results.

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
I will send you the resource list of clinics that patients have had some success with and that have a minimum amount of complaints about their services. Keep in mind, we do not endorse any clinic or doctor, but do maintain a list of those that patients have given positive reports on.