Please Note: THIS FORUM IS PATIENT MODERATED AND IS NOT CONNECTED TO ANY CLINIC OR DOCTOR. IF YOU WISH TO CONTACT A CERTAIN DOCTOR OR CLINIC, PLEASE LOOK IN THE ASK THE DOCTOR SECTION FOR DOCTOR OR CLINIC PHONE NUMBERS AND EMAIL ADDRESSES.

Home || Contact Us || Help Registering and Participating || Disclaimer

SeaChange now offers CBD Oil

Barbara and Jeannine's Book

Bea Luis Memorial

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What's wrong with this picture?

Default Your Last Statement is Correct!

You stated: "Many doctors would much prefer to make $15000.00 for something they are trained to do rather than have to learn a new procedure and only make $2500.00 for doing it", I'm convinced is quite correct.

Default agree

I also agree however I think one of the big reasons doctors don't use a new procedure is due to the high cost of malpractice insurance.

Default couch potatoes

Quote Originally Posted by barbara View Post
    ...... I am going to focus on some very strong letters to my congressional representatives. I have tried to contact the presidential candidates and that is nothing short of a joke at this time. We all need to speak up loud and clear. We are getting the short end of the stick and it is time to take action.
    barbara,
    I dont know if you can remember a post of mine not so long ago,about, Other Pioneers(not stem cells)
    Well I thought it would be a good idea to post it on the other forum.
    Because it is "International "which I realize now it only gets a responce from four countries?.I did sugest that it would be a good idea if in some way the fourm could except signtures from people from around the world.in support for people like us (incurable at the moment)to be given treatments now, like the other pioneers.Not to wait 10 or 20 years.
    Then they could be sent to the powers to be.
    "Many people can speak with one voice" right.
    Well I though my thread would be bussing with replies: great,fantastic, pages,and pages of ideas etc.No such luck.
    I did get one reply,a woman,saying when can I start,(future pioneer?).
    The rest( 5 or 6) happy for someone else to do what they can.
    But they wont be stepping up to the plate.
    Just complain about their illness,ever day and cry for a cure.
    God help them that help themselves(and others).
    My mine boggles.

Default Power in numbers

This is getting to be an interesting and food for thought thread. Lee has made a good point about malpractice insurance although I imagine it is high for the more expensive procedure as well. Zar - There is more power in numbers. What you describe on the other forum however doesn't surprise me a bit. There seems to be an attitude of go ahead and leave me alone to complain. Let me know after you have done all the work how I can get in on it. It is very discouraging. I wonder if there is a possibility of setting up some kind of petition on this forum. I will ask our administrator.
    First treatment in 2007. Pioneering ever since.

Barbara

Zar and Barb

A good start would be for the Pioneers to dedicate a topic to "How to Contact your Congress People"

Maybe if enough people were to raise the issue and even mention this forum in their letters to their Congress people it might get some members of Congress interested.

I will ask our Administrator for his opinion on how we could set up something.
    Still Pioneering
    Had UC treatment April 5th, 2007
    Had autologous treatment March 19, 2010
    Had bone marrow and adipose stem cell treatment (autologous) June 16, 2010

Default What's wrong with this picture?

Since I opened this up I am going to put out an idea. We need one or two celebrities, a Michael J. Fox, Parkinsons; a Montell Williams, MS. They have been very outspoken before and now they need to step forward and get on this bandwagon. Do any of you out there know of others that have the moxy to contact their congressmen? We already know that a "cure" will take money out of the pockets of the big Pharma industry and they have a strangle hold on congress. Right now we need to put pressure on. A Petition might get some attention but it will take thousands on signatures and I am told that individual letters get more attention.

There will also be a turff war with physicians for it will take money out of thier pockets. Example: a new cancer procedure done at my hospital. The marketing person called on a physician and he said "what are you trying to do take away my business"? This is what we are up against.

My last visit to my cardiologist brought forth that he knew about the procedures but was not convienced. I will continue to work on him. He is young and the fact that he knew tells me that he is keeping up.

Maybe a better idea....get an investigative report onto this subject and get national media attention.

Can you imagine how much money access to stem cell treatment would save the insurance industry?

Let your imaginiation guide you....you are pioneers remember!

Default Let's get fighting mad

Jane, When I started this thread, I was mad. I still am that progress is so slow. The thread is now growing into a great discussion of just what can we do. If anyone reads this forum and has ideas or knows anyone that does have celebrity status, we would love to get the ball rolling. I have decided to actually mail my comments rather than e-mailing. I got a response from the Governor of Wisconsin (this state is very pro stem cell research) and it did say that he only responds to actual letters, not e-mails. Let's turn this thread into one where ideas can be generated. If we don't do something, we have given into the mighty dinosaurs that roam the medical world, politicians and the pharmaceutical companies. Stem cell therapy needs to be made available for people that need it. If what Jane posted doesn't bother you, than do nothing. If it bothers you, then let's join together and start taking action starting with our own representatives on every level. You can Google them and get their addresses or if you wish to e-mail, there are e-mail addresses available for most government representatives. You could even e-mail one letter to a group of individuals. If you want to post your letter and addresses for others, please feel free to do so. Inaction is a killer.

Barbara

Jane

I contacted Michael J Fox's foundation, Leeza Gibbons (whose mother had Alzheimer's and is on the stem cell board in CA) who was nice enough to send the information to Gov Schwarznegger who did reply to my email which I posted here several months ago. I also sent an email to Gov Romney's wife Ann (MS) and she also responded which I posted here as well.

I have since lost all of my emails so I can't post it again.
    Barb may have copies.
    Still Pioneering
    Had UC treatment April 5th, 2007
    Had autologous treatment March 19, 2010
    Had bone marrow and adipose stem cell treatment (autologous) June 16, 2010

Default Searching on the forum

Fortunately, nothing is lost on the forum. To find both posts, simply do searches using the words Romney and Schwarznegger. Mrs. Romney suffers from MS and the post is in the MS section. The other post is in Support and Announcements. Even though it may be a standardized response from the California Governor, just to get a response is encouraging. Many times, I get no replies or something canned like you must be a resident of this state to contact Governor so and so. Good work Jeannine.

Barbara

Default When there is the will there is a way (here's one way)

My manifesto by Jamie Oliver

For the past couple of years I've been campaigning to ban the junk in schools and get kids eating fresh, tasty, nutritious food instead. Without your support for the Feed Me Better campaign we wouldn't have got the commitment from Tony Blair for new school meal standards and ?280 million to start sorting out the problem.

In my new programme, we show that parents are key and without cooking skills, kitchen facilities and political support on the ground it's going to be very hard to make lasting improvements.

During the course of filming I spoke to the Prime Minister and he committed more longer term funding for school food. I don't want to sound ungrateful, but the amounts are tiny when you divide it up between all the schools in the country ? Nora only gets ?2,000.

Local and national government need to come up with a ten-year strategy and some real money to re-educate people about proper eating habits.

Big love
    Jamie O

Jamie Oliver is a top chef/restaurateur