Please Note: THIS FORUM IS PATIENT MODERATED AND IS NOT CONNECTED TO ANY CLINIC OR DOCTOR. IF YOU WISH TO CONTACT A CERTAIN DOCTOR OR CLINIC, PLEASE LOOK IN THE ASK THE DOCTOR SECTION FOR DOCTOR OR CLINIC PHONE NUMBERS AND EMAIL ADDRESSES.

Home || Contact Us || Help Registering and Participating || Disclaimer

SeaChange now offers CBD Oil

Barbara and Jeannine's Book

Bea Luis Memorial

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Introductions

Smile Introduction, Belated

Hello to all fellow pioneers,
    I am Dana Emmitt-Hall. I am the mother of three wonderful children Danielle, Kelsey & Cameron. Cameron is the youngest (4 years old) and he has autism. I am been fundraising since January to be able to get stem cell treatments for him. I was referred to this forum by Tami Milam who is the mother of Ava Grace. Looking forward to getting to know you all better,
    Blessings,
    Dana Emmitt-Hall

Blog Entries

Welcome. We are very pleased to have you with us.
    First treatment in 2007. Pioneering ever since.

Barbara

Default New family on the block

My name is David. Husband and father of wife who is a TBI survivor and a son with CP. We are 5 years post injury. Currently living in Denver Colorado.

My wife suffered a TBI while 27 wks pregnant with twins. She had a subderal hematoma with the pressure, bleeding, craniotomy and etc. We lost one of the twins and gained the other. Our son suffered the same injury (lack of oxygen and blood to the brain) thus CP. My wife spent 1.3 years institutionalized and then another 3 years at home training and learning. She is somewhat independant, speach loss, gait, very limited use of right hand with right hand posture. She is able to care for herself 90%.
    My son has CP with high tone. Fine and gross motor skills, speach and involuntary movement has opportunities.

I have been looking into ASCT for both my wife and son. I want them to have the best opportunity with the lastest that is available.

I have met a few folks and have read many stories. My prayers are with everyone and our countries leaders to make the right choices in making ASCT available to us in the US. Not in 3-5-10 years, NOW.

Default Air Travel cost

I am aware that there is an organization called Angel Flights that help children and one parent cover the cost of traveling to get medical procedures done. Has anyone used this to get Stem Cell treatments? Just wandering since we have to travel outside of USA. We have the money for the Stem Cell treatment, but not the travel at this time.
    THanks,
    Dana

Stevenson, Washington- Columbia River Gorge
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dana@scrtc.com View Post
    I am aware that there is an organization called Angel Flights that help children and one parent cover the cost of traveling to get medical procedures done. Has anyone used this to get Stem Cell treatments? Just wandering since we have to travel outside of USA. We have the money for the Stem Cell treatment, but not the travel at this time.
    THanks,
    Dana
    Hi Dana,
    I don't actually have an answer to that question, but I DO know of another organization that you might look into as well. It's called "Miracle Flights for Kids". As far as flying out of the country, I don't know the answer to that either. They say you do need to be going to or from a recognized treatment center. I don't know of too many stem cell treatment places that are actually recognized by anyone in the United States (except by those of us who have gone to them). I'm probably no help, I just wanted to put in my 2cents. Good Luck! Kristin
    KACI had Umbilical Cord Stem Cell treatment for cerebral palsy on 7/3/2008
    2nd Treatment on 6/29/2009
    3rd Treatment on 6/02/10

Blog Entries

The only way to find out is to contact these places. There are also groups that just help with such things as travel expenses in general and don't actually provide the planes for the transportation. What exactly is a recognized treatment center? I don't know either. If you asked the people that do stem cell treatments in countries outside the U.S., they would feel that their clinics are recognized treatment centers as the treatments they do are perfectly legal in those countries.

David - I just wanted to welcome you as well. I live in Denver too.

Barbara

Default Intro Cynthia

Hi everybody,
    I'm Cyndi but my name on the board says Cynthia. I live in New Jersey.
    I'm new to SCP this month. I found this wonderful god-given site filled with such courageous, intelligent, warm people while searching for stem cell treatments as a cure for a special young girl with CP. It got me thinking if they can cure CP with SCT why not hearing loss. So I put it out there to see if anyone had any knowledge and thanks to Robert Yorke on this board who tipped me off about an MS patient who had an increase in his hearing as a result of SCT at ICM in Costa Rica and Panama. To make a long story short, I am waiting to hear back from ICM in Costa Rica to see if they will treat me as a part of an experiment they are doing for hearing loss. I will keep you all posted one way or another. On another note, I am completely disappointed in our Govt. It angers me to see so many of you have had to travel with family members so far for help. This pushed me to try to become an advocate for SCT here in the US. I'm open for ideas of how to go about shaking up our Govt. Maybe if enough of us bombard them with letters, calls, emails daily then they will wake up?

Blog Entries

Cyndi - We are trying to shake them up. Dr. Centeno is the founder of International Cell Medicine Society (ICMS). We need people to join this grassroots effort in mass. You can join at www.safestemcells.org Doctors should join at www.stemcelldocs.org

We need people who will be very active to post everywhere that they can concerning this organization. On the ICMS site there is an e-mail address to contact the FDA and e-mailing them should be something that is done as often as possible. We have to completely inundate them with our demands to have safe stem cell therapy made available for us NOW here in the U.S. They continue to make doctors believe that they cannot perform adult stem cell therapy legally, they have tried to regulate our own stem cells and call them prescription drugs and they intimidate doctors that try to give stem cell treatment to their patients. Legally, they cannot do this, but put yourself in a doctor's position. It could end up costing him hundreds of thousands of dollars to play their game. ICMS has written safe guidelines that will be used for any doctor that is a member. Doctors who do not treat with stem cells but want their patients to have treatment will be able to use the ICMS doctor list to find a doctor that is following these safe guidelines for treatments. It's a great plan and the vision is to have a network of ICMS doctors all over the U.S. and internationally which is just as important. It would eliminate the bogus clinics. We have devoted a whole forum to ICMS. Please read through it for ideas and please do join.

I make several posts daily on Twitter and any interview I give always includes information on ICMS. Drs. Young and Centeno will be speaking at a conference in Las Vegas in November to increase physician membership. Dr. Centeno has been speaking at other conferences as well. Any new ideas you might have are always welcome.

I should also mention that many of us are bugging the heck out of the NIH urging them to get out of their "safe" zone and begin more stem cell based research. They are always wanting more funding, but the waste at the NIH is incredible.

Barbara

Hi, My name is Bob. I was diagnosed with copd in 2002. I have chronic bronchitis and emphysema. In 2006 I had surgary for lung cancer. It was a small nodule and surgary was the only treatment required. I finally quit smoking in Nov 2006. I've had a lot of bronical infections the last year or so.
    I first heard about stem cell theraphy in Grand Cayman in March when I came down with a severe infection. The Doc I saw asked me if I had ever thought about stem cell Treatment. When I home I started researching this treatment and wound up talking to a guy at Cellulogix. (what a waste that was) I also found stemcell pioneers. I also talked to an outfit in Germany and they turned me down because I previously had cancer. I haven't found the right treatment facility yet. I seem to have the infections under control. Turns out that I have GERD and when I was sleeping I would asperate some of the contents of my stomach and the bachteria from my stomach caused the infections. I'm doing pretty well except for shortness of breath when I exert myself. Don't use O2. I'm interested in stem cell theraphy. Would appreciate any information on reliable providers. By the way, I'm 75 years old.

Default Safe stemcells.org

I joined and immediately send an email to my congressman and omsbudsman.
    I will resend everyday!!

Thanks for sharing this site. I encourage everyone to join today.