Please Note: THIS FORUM IS PATIENT MODERATED AND IS NOT CONNECTED TO ANY CLINIC OR DOCTOR. IF YOU WISH TO CONTACT A CERTAIN DOCTOR OR CLINIC, PLEASE LOOK IN THE ASK THE DOCTOR SECTION FOR DOCTOR OR CLINIC PHONE NUMBERS AND EMAIL ADDRESSES.

Home || Contact Us || Help Registering and Participating || Disclaimer

SeaChange now offers CBD Oil

Barbara and Jeannine's Book

Bea Luis Memorial

Thread: Treatment of Raynaudís Phenomenon and Blood Circulation Problems with Stem Cells

Default Treatment of Raynaudís Phenomenon and Blood Circulation Problems with Stem Cells

Treatment of Raynaudís Phenomenon and Blood Circulation Problems with Stem Cells from Fat

22. October 2014

In a recently published clinical study from Marseille 12 patients with circulation problems in the hands (Raynaudís disease) underwent promising treatment with the bodyís own (autologous) stem cells. The pale fingers are caused by the reduced blood flow. The circulation problems were triggered by the connective tissue disease scleroderma, which is considered an autoimmune disease. Women are affected five times more frequently than men.

In the study a suspension of autologous stem cells (Stromal Vascular Fraction, SVF) was injected into the patientís fingers. The stem cell suspension was obtained from a small amount of fat was harvested by liposuction. No side effects were recorded during the treatments, all patients showed an improvement in symptoms. Here we see once again how the aesthetic surgery enhances therapeutic medicine.

In my clinic we have treated cases of scleroderma and other autoimmune diseases successfully. Among them was a patient with scleroderma who especially suffered under the parchment-like skin on her hands caused by the disease. In many patients suffering from scleroderma Ė apart from disturbed blood flow Ė the skinís appearance changes, which can often be improved by stem cell injections. Additional intravenous infusions of autologous stem cells should be made in scleroderma because in systemic autoimmune diseases systemic application is important.

This is very good news for affected patients and their doctors

It sounds as if they are recommending ongoing stem cell treatments for patients with scleroderma. Now, that's where banking would be nice as you could keep a supply on hand.
    First treatment in 2007. Pioneering ever since.

Barbara

Last I checked, banking was costly. Also, I've seen conflicting items regarding whether the cells are damaged by the process.

Banking may be costly, but so is the harvesting of one's stem cells. Adipose stem cells for instance, require a liposuction procedure. That can be risky in itself and can be painful. If a patient would only need to have this done once and then be able to bank some of the stem cells for future use, it would be less risky than having the procedure done over and over again. They do it with animals in the U.S., why not humans? Hint: The answer starts with an F and ends with an A.

I have not heard anything about cells being damaged due to banking. Banking has been done for decades. Do you have any articles you could post?
    First treatment in 2007. Pioneering ever since.

Barbara

No articles handy. I've just seen a number of discussions on LinkedIn about different cryogenic processes and how some of them damage the cell potency.