Please Note: THIS FORUM IS PATIENT MODERATED AND IS NOT CONNECTED TO ANY CLINIC OR DOCTOR. IF YOU WISH TO CONTACT A CERTAIN DOCTOR OR CLINIC, PLEASE LOOK IN THE ASK THE DOCTOR SECTION FOR DOCTOR OR CLINIC PHONE NUMBERS AND EMAIL ADDRESSES.

Home || Contact Us || Help Registering and Participating || Disclaimer

SeaChange now offers CBD Oil

Barbara and Jeannine's Book

Bea Luis Memorial

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Regenerative Medicine Institute MX Granted Full Accreditation by ICMS

Blog Entries

Yorkere - That is great news. Let me know if this article sums up your experience. I had never heard of this. Thanks for posting.

http://www.disabled-world.com/artman...pression.shtml
    First treatment in 2007. Pioneering ever since.

Barbara

Default Celling in Austin, TX

Robert,

Thank you for your reply!!! I looked at Celling, too. However, it appears to have fled the state in the wake of a Texas Medical Board ruling regarding oversight of procedures. The web site says Celling is in the process of relocating.

I've heard of non-surgical spinal decompression and have a referral from my neurosurgeon to see a chiropractor for this and for physical therapy. I've never been to a chiropractor; I've been told to avoid them. Was a chiropractor the person who performed your spinal decompression? Also, I've had physical therapists who injured me. So, I'm rather apprehensive about this referral.

Thanks!

Z

I broke my hip a few years ago. My chiropractor used soft laser on it. I had no pain after about 6 days and in a couple of months, it was completely healed. I have had no problems since.

Who told you to avoid chiropractors?

Default Soft Laser

Bobcat,

Thanks for your reply! I've never heard of soft laser treatments; I will look into that.

I come from an extended family of doctors, and maybe it's just professional snobbery, but they've always said go to osteopaths instead of chiropractors. Plus, I know plenty of people who've been injured by chiropractors. However, I do know some people who swear by them.

Thanks Again!

Z

Default Spinal Decompression Traction

Hey; I just read your posts; allow me to get back to you all in a little while and I'll provide a bit more details on the DTS treatment....

Robert

Default Spinal Decompression

Hi!

My experience with decompression traction therapy has turned to be a good one...after x-rays and an MRI revealed that I suffered from spinal disc degeneration, and that there was apparently no disc visible at the last element of my lower back, I began to try to act to help myself.

I went to the Spine Center at Loma Linda University; the surgeon looked at the x-rays, then asked if I was in any pain...I was then advised to wait 'till the pain became unbearable, then come back and he'd fuse the spine for me...that was it! The whole session lasted ~6 minutes.

I saw a full page ad in the local paper, and decided to take a look; I went to the Spine and Disc Laser Pain Center in Corona, CA, run by 2 Chiropractors, and decided to go for it.

The treatment consisted of 35 back traction sessions lasting ~20 minutes each, twice a week. Each time I went, my lower back felt really pretty good, but noticeably tender and a bit sensitive. I was advised that it was due to the structures in my back being moved around.

The treatment began ~ 12-12-10; it's been quite a while now ('bout a year & a half), and so far, no problems with my back...and no longer any tenderness either. While I was going there I talked with quite a few others who were going there, the place was always crowded..almost without exception, they all claimed really serious improvement. The only person who seemed to have ongoing trouble was a woman who'd been badly clobbered in a car crash, and whose neck had been really badly trashed. She had no health insurance, and had been advised by a surgeon that the total cost of neck surgery would be ~$184,000. By the time I left, she was having some pretty good days....but was still going through some bad days as well...so this thing is not a consistent miracle-worker.

The cost of this is serious, and so far, insurance won't pay. But surgery for this stuff does NOT have a real good track record...

I was told that the developer of the DTS machine was an Orthopedic surgeon, not a Chiropractor.

I've since discovered that quite a few Chiropractors are offering this treatment, with rather varying costs, apparently. As usual, experience and skill are hugely important...

Robert

Default Non-surgical Spinal Decompression

Robert,

Thank you for your input! I met the chiropractor yesterday. I got some dry hydrotherapy massage (sounds like an oxymoron, I know) that felt really good. I'm to call his office today RE: spinal decompression and possible physical therapy. The decompression is $85 per session. I just lost my COBRA and no one will insure me with all of my disabilities; so, I'm paying cash.

Are you still getting the decompression treatments? How long does each session last and how often do you get them?

No one in my area does the laser treatments, but they do look interesting. I think the nearest place I found that offers the lasers is several hours away.

Thanks Again!

Z