Please Note: THIS FORUM IS PATIENT MODERATED AND IS NOT CONNECTED TO ANY CLINIC OR DOCTOR. IF YOU WISH TO CONTACT A CERTAIN DOCTOR OR CLINIC, PLEASE LOOK IN THE ASK THE DOCTOR SECTION FOR DOCTOR OR CLINIC PHONE NUMBERS AND EMAIL ADDRESSES.

Home || Contact Us || Help Registering and Participating || Disclaimer

SeaChange now offers CBD Oil

Barbara and Jeannine's Book

Bea Luis Memorial

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone feel worse after stem cells??

Exclamation Stem Cell in Mexico????

I was on a consult call yesterday, 2/17/08, and I will go from Southern Cali (where I live) to Mexico for replacement. Ok--I have a neuro appt 2/21/08 and now I am soooooo scared but I want to have stem cell replacement. My husband is against Mexico but I may go?? Help----help---

I know that medicine is different in everyone!! I am an Afican-American woman. My father used to always joke and say that my mother (who had MS) and myself where white because MS was a 'white woman' disease. I am light and so is/was my mother.

I am just scared-- especially about Mexico?? Should I be afraid??

Sharon
    personal email if anyone needs??
    sstew3333@yahoo.com

Default Don't be afraid

LadyStewart - I sent you a PM in reply to your message to me also. I went to Mexico and the hospital where I had treatment is a very nice small private facility. You cannot just walk in without an appointment. It is in a residential area and the highlight of my treatment was lunch on the verandah after my therapy. It was delightful. The doctors are U.S. trained. I think people have preconceived ideas about Mexican facilities. Jeannine and I have pictures of the hospital in our book because we were impressed with it. It is not large for sure, but who cares about that? The only thing I could tell that needed updating was the elevator. It was so slow that I thought maybe someone was operating it with a rope by hand. Since you live in southern California and I doubt if traveling is easy for you, it is probably going to be your best choice of places to have treatment. MS usually does require a booster. You are taken to the hospital by a private medical van and someone is with you at all times, so there really isn't anything to be fearful of. Also, you are allowed to bring someone with you - your husband or whomever you would like.
    First treatment in 2007. Pioneering ever since.

Barbara

ladystewart

There is nothing to fear about this clinic in Mexico. The worse that can happen to you is nothing, but there are several people on the MUltiple Sclerosis thread who have been there. Perhaps you should send Ed Johns a private message and ask him of his experiences. There might be others who posted there you could contact as well.
    Still Pioneering
    Had UC treatment April 5th, 2007
    Had autologous treatment March 19, 2010
    Had bone marrow and adipose stem cell treatment (autologous) June 16, 2010