Please Note: THIS FORUM IS PATIENT MODERATED AND IS NOT CONNECTED TO ANY CLINIC OR DOCTOR. IF YOU WISH TO CONTACT A CERTAIN DOCTOR OR CLINIC, PLEASE LOOK IN THE ASK THE DOCTOR SECTION FOR DOCTOR OR CLINIC PHONE NUMBERS AND EMAIL ADDRESSES.

Home || Contact Us || Help Registering and Participating || Disclaimer

SeaChange now offers CBD Oil

Barbara and Jeannine's Book

Bea Luis Memorial

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Weeding Out Bad Stem Cells

Blog Entries

Default Barb No she has not

Barb,

Besides not publising her methods, which is my main issue, she never published her results from the treatments.

Blog Entries

Default Outing Clinics without Proof

I hate to question any clinic that has patients getting good results. Maybe Dr. Shroff is using embryonic stem cells, but I’m sorry; I have to question it. As long as I am concerned, she could be using UCB stem cells instead of ESC. Here is why - I have not found any research information on her results with patients. If anyone can find anything, please let me know. In addition, she claims to be using ESC safely, when no other research scientist has been unable to duplicate it, because she refuses to release how she does it. I think that is greedy, if it is all true. Then you have people from other social medium claiming outlandish results from their treatments. I remember one saying her child is almost cured from CP, 80% cured. It would be all great, if it was all true, but it just makes no sense in her part not to publish any of her results. It would really put a stop to the skepticism. In addition, she published her patent, but the patent does not explain in detail how it works in order to duplicate it. Then, she is upset being shun by the established scientific community. Boy she would really shut everyone up, if you just published not only the results from her treatments but how ESC are processed. On top of all that, you have desperate people paying lots and lots of money for her treatment. I am trying to call her out on her claims. I am tired of having some clinics take advantage of desperate people for treatments. I think they should be outed or warned about like any other fraudulent clinic!!! Dr. Shroff, once and for all, prove the skeptics wrong!!!
    Last edited by LLL6521; 08-18-2011 at 09:18 AM.

Blog Entries

Default ICMS Registered Clinics

Here is a list of clinics registered under ICMS:

PARTICIPATING CLINICS
    The ICMS is proud to announce that six organizations have applied for accreditation from the ICMS. These organizations have shown tremendous leadership and a commitment to patient safety. They are:

The Brazzini Institute, Lima, Peru.

The Centeno-Schultz Clinic, Broomfield, Colorado, USA
    The Regenerative Medicine Institute, Tijuana, Mexico.
    Stematix, INC. Buenos Aires, Argentina.
    World Stem Cells, LLC, Cancun, Mexico.
    Grossman Wellness Clinic, Golden, Colorado, USA.

We are also pleased to announce the first participant in the ICMS Platelet Rich Plasma Accreditation Program:

The Arthritis Clinic, Victorville, California, USA.

Where's Dr. Schroff's clinic????

Blog Entries

LLL6521 - Where are all the other clinics as well? Before Dr. Shroff is shredded on this forum however, I would like to give her a chance to respond. The scientific world is not always friendly to people like Dr. Shroff and I understand that, but you make valid points. Your e-mail to her hopefully will provide answers to the questions you have.

This month's Ask the Doctor is hosted by World Stem Cells. I specifically invited them because they are involved in the ICMS accreditation program. My own doctor, Dr. Grossman, is also on the list. Where are the other clinics/doctors that so willingly want our money? Why are they not willing to have their patients in a registry and adhere to standard safe practices?
    Without some kind of tracking and adherence to a protocol for patients, then how do they know if the treatment is helping or not? How many patients are called after their treatment and followed up with as the ICMS program does? How many are documented pre and post treatment?
    I can assure you the number is very small.

Clinics are taking advantage of those that desperately seek treatment. They try to persuade us with testimonials and boasts that their treatment is better than anyone else's blah, blah, blah. Show us the proof if this is the case! I recently had someone tell me that a salesperson from a clinic told her that I had had very successful treatment at that clinic. I was appalled to learn that my name was being used in this manner because there has been no follow up, no pre and post evaluation of my lung function.

On the other hand, if clinics do not wish to participate or track their patients themselves in a meaningful way, that is their perogative, but don't try to tell us that testimonials and anecdotal evidence are in any way scientific or applicable to us. There is no law anywhere that I know of that states clinics must do a study or must care about the outcome for patients, (unless of course they are doing illegal treatments), but patients should become savvy about the difference between clinics that simply treat and release (some wouldn't even know if you went home and died) and those that are interested in an extended follow up with patients. This should include a pre treatment base to work from. It's up to patients to ask questions to see if the treatment is geared more towards benefiting them or benefiting the bank account of the company that is selling the treatment. This can be difficult to determine. I know it has been for me quite truthfully.

I do feel that the ICMS program is the only reliable one out there to help us make these difficult decisions. ICMS is a non profit organization. If anyone isn't a member, consider joining. As their program grows, clinics that are simply not up to par will hopefully fall by the wayside or will need to prove on their own that their standards are as good or better than what ICMS has put in place. Buyer Beware as always.
    First treatment in 2007. Pioneering ever since.

Barbara

Blog Entries

Default Misunderstood

Barb,

I respect your opinion and suggestions. Fair enough, I will wait for a response and give her a fair chance. My intent is not using this forum to rip her apart. My main objective is having Dr. Shroff share her unique method of processing ESC that can benefit millions of patients around the world including many in this forum. On that issue alone, it’s unethical, and we already know that is fact. Besides not sharing her method of processing ESC, I found research on many individuals from the “scientific world” demanding data from her clinic; so far, I’m unable to find any published research on follow ups. If she cannot come up with nothing, then we have the same obligations that this forum has imposed in the past like done towards Xcell.

Blog Entries

Sounds fair to me. It would be to her interest as well I would think. She doesn't need to give her research and inventions away to the world, but if she truly does have what she says she has, then she should consider licensing the technology out to clinics around the world so patients can be treated.

Barbara

Blog Entries

Default Found a very interesting article

I found this article dated February, 2011

http://s70360.gridserver.com/biologi...ubble-in-India

Unless, NuTech has decided to register a clinical trial since then, then disregard it. Howevere, I searched the Clinical Trial Registry for India, and I found nothing on NuTech or Dr. Geeta Shroff. Here is the article below:

Stem Cell Bubble in India
    Biloine W. Young • Tue, Feb 22nd, 2011
    Print This Article Despite the fact doctors in India insist that the only stem cell therapy found to benefit patients, to date, is bone marrow transplantation, hundreds of patients are visiting stem cell therapy clinics all over the country. India has a 2% share of the $6 billion dollar world stem cell market and enjoys one of the highest growth rates in stem cell treatment in the world, according to a February 14 article in Inter Press Service by Keya Acharya.

Scientists warn that successful treatments are a long way away and ethical questions, as well as health and scientific ones, have yet to be addressed. Regardless of the warnings, hospitals and clinics across major cities in India are offering stem cell treatments for a variety of ailments.

India published a set of guidelines on conducting stem cell research in 2007, but the guidelines are not legally binding and do not have the power to curb clinical implementation of stem cell therapy. Twenty-two public and seven private research institutions in India are presently authorized to conduct stem cell research, according to Acharya.

Fifteen clinical trials have been officially registered so far. Dr. Jyotsna Dhawan, Dean of the Bangalore-based Institute of Stem Cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine, said that several of these went well. However unregistered work and treatment are being conducted in various places in India.

The most prominent of these is in the New Delhi-based Nutech Mediworld clinic set up by Dr. Geeta Shroff which treats patients, many of them from abroad, according to Dr. Pushpa Bhargav, senior scientist and former director of the Hyderabad-based Centre for Molecular Biology. "I would have forgiven (stem cell therapy clinics) if their objective was to treat a patient," he said. "But the patients are being used for money. How many in India have been cured? None that I know of."

The regulatory situation is rapidly changing. The Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) now has a clinical trial registry online and in a bill pending before Parliament; the guidelines have been amended to include standards of clinical conduct as well as penalties for offenders.

Blog Entries

Default Email sent to Dr. Jyotsna Dhawan from article above

I will keep everyone updated on any response:

Dear Dr. Dhawan,

I am writing from the U.S. as a member of very large forum called stemcellpioneers.com that caters to potential clients for stem cell therapies overseas. Reading an article written back in February of 2011 called "Stem Cell Bubble in India," we are curious to know certain facts about NuTech. We have seen a recent blitz of ads and testamonials about NuTech on the web. However, we are skeptical on their claims of being the only clinic using embryonic stem cells. Please understand, there are many desperate patients and parents that are trying to prevent being victimized by clinics not showing any viable clinical data. Our question for you - has NuTech or Dr. Geeta Shroff register for stem cell clinical trials in India, especially with new regulations being imposed in your country? We want to thank you for your forthcoming feedback in this matter.

Blog Entries

Please do let us know if you get a response. Thank you for your work on this.
    I appreciate your initiative as I am sure other members do.

Barbara

Blog Entries

Default India's Public Registry for Clinical Trials

Barb,

My pleasure. If we can prevent more of our members and others being victimized from fraudulent clinics, I am satisfied.

Here is the public website mentioned in the article:

http://ctri.nic.in/Clinicaltrials/advancesearchmain.php

I found 23 stem cell clinical trials registered in India. I found nothing on Nutech!