Please Note: THIS FORUM IS PATIENT MODERATED AND IS NOT CONNECTED TO ANY CLINIC OR DOCTOR. IF YOU WISH TO CONTACT A CERTAIN DOCTOR OR CLINIC, PLEASE LOOK IN THE ASK THE DOCTOR SECTION FOR DOCTOR OR CLINIC PHONE NUMBERS AND EMAIL ADDRESSES.

Home || Contact Us || Help Registering and Participating || Disclaimer

SeaChange now offers CBD Oil

Barbara and Jeannine's Book

Bea Luis Memorial

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you suffer from cardiac problems?

Quote Originally Posted by Jane Whitten View Post
    The Study at Vanderbilt is double-blind. Apparently the Dr. who is conducting the study thinks my husband's heart damage is too old & past the point of responding. Has anyone heard from anywhere else that there is a time limit on treatment or that there is a therapy that could still benefit him?
    Well, it certainly could be possible that his damage is too extensive, but then, my vessel damage was and is way far gone also, and I have had 2 treatments. Consider that I had quadruple bypass, more than 20 stents, and two heart attacks. According to one of the best cardiac surgeons in the world in Houston, out of 10+ coronary vessels, I have "less than one good one"!! So...that is pretty darned bad. I am living on one artery, and it is a bypass graft!

Even if he could get into a double-blind study, would you be willing to wait 6 months to 2 years to find out if he got water instead of stem cells???
    For me, the answer to that is a resounding NO!

You mentioned some electrical things and coumadin that was being tried, etc.

You do, of course realize that the VA will not pay a dime toward a treatment in Germany, the same for any other USA insurance company. It is completely a cash outlay when stem cell treatment is involved, and the only recovery of any money is a tax deduction for treatment cost and travel costs.
    Last edited by hlichten; 04-17-2008 at 12:31 AM.
    4 Autologous treatments to date.

Harv

Smile Stem Cell Cardiac Disease

Thanks so much for all the information. We will certainly consider the option you mentioned, but will wait until mid-Jan. to see if the electroshock therapy has any effect at all since his heart is out of sync. After that we will make the decision to go outside the U.S. please keep us posted on your progress. My husband has only 1 bypassed artery functioning also. Are you feeling any better at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Jane Whitten View Post
    ...Are you feeling any better at all?
    Don't think so.
    4 Autologous treatments to date.

Harv