Please Note: THIS FORUM IS PATIENT MODERATED AND IS NOT CONNECTED TO ANY CLINIC OR DOCTOR. IF YOU WISH TO CONTACT A CERTAIN DOCTOR OR CLINIC, PLEASE LOOK IN THE ASK THE DOCTOR SECTION FOR DOCTOR OR CLINIC PHONE NUMBERS AND EMAIL ADDRESSES.

Home || Contact Us || Help Registering and Participating || Disclaimer

SeaChange now offers CBD Oil

Barbara and Jeannine's Book

Bea Luis Memorial

Thread: What about the EU?

Default What about the EU?

I have been reading and reading about treatments ,which have great hope and enthusiasm.But as a COPD patient awaiting transplant in Ireland, not only can I not get a second opinion, but i cannot seem to find any places here in this part of the world for stem cell treatment on these pages, unless I have over looked them which is entirely possible.
    Could anyone point me in the right direction as a flight to El Salvador from here would be quite trying on my body.Its 9 hours to New York..so the extra hours will be hell. I know that Spain and Germany are doing research but i can find no information..Help?!
    Thanks,
    Llilith

What disease do you suffer from? Not all clinics treat all diseases. Please provide more information. Thank you.
    First treatment in 2007. Pioneering ever since.

Barbara

Hi Barbear,
    I have COPD..to include Emphysema, Bronchitis, and a touch or asthma..I only was diagnosed about 4-5 years ago and am currently just turned 50. In September, I was sent to a hopsital in Dublin by my consultant. I was asessed by the only hospital that does lung transplants and told my lungs are incredibly weak and the only option was a double lung transplant.Needless to say I was not expecting that.My sats are ALWAYS 96-98, at rest even when I was suffereing with pnuemonia. Even my Consultant was surprised at the outcome.
    As I am on a permanent disability, my medical bills are paid.But as the country is so small there are no options for a second opinion.Europe is really my only option for stem cell treatment.I would like to keep my own lungs..I am -O and therefore a higher risk of rejection. I REALLY want to find a place close that i can go to and perhaps get help.
    Thanks
    LLilith

Do you know what your actual lung function (FEV1) % is? I am making some inquiries for you as far as clinics treating COPD anywhere near where you live.
    Unfortunately, not all clinics treat COPD. Are the flights any more direct or easier to Peru? I will let you know what I find. The most well known clinic in Germany is X-cell and I don't believe they have had any measurable success with COPD.

Barbara

Llilith - I received an e-mail from a TV producer for the national broadcaster in Dublin, Ireland. He is looking for someone who is going to have non-autologous stem cell therapy to do a story on that would follow that person all the way through the process of before treatment, getting treatment and after treatment. I do not know if you are considering anything besides an autologous treatment, but if so, he would very much like to speak with you or anyone you know in Ireland that is considering such treatment. I will also post this announcement in the Support and Announcements forum.

I was wondering if you had considered India at all. There are some doctors there treating COPD. I realize that you are seeking therapy as close to home as possible, but so far I have not found any clinics that are treating COPD successfully that are close to you.

Barbara

Llilith - You might try to track down this doctor. His company is involved in adipose stem cell therapy in Spain. You could also contact the UK Society to see if they could be of any help to you.

Mr Eduardo Bravo,
    Chief Executive Officer
    Cellerix

Society for Medicines Research
    840 Melton Road, Thurmaston, Leicester, LE4 8BN

email: secretariat@smr.org.uk
    tel: +44 (0)116 269 1048
    fax: +44 (0)116 264 0141

Barbara

Here's another option for patients in Ireland. This is a Crohn's study, but a patient suffering from another condition might be able to approach them and see about the possibilities of an orphan study.

http://www.stemcellpioneers.com/showthread.php?t=2988

Barbara