Please Note: THIS FORUM IS PATIENT MODERATED AND IS NOT CONNECTED TO ANY CLINIC OR DOCTOR. IF YOU WISH TO CONTACT A CERTAIN DOCTOR OR CLINIC, PLEASE LOOK IN THE ASK THE DOCTOR SECTION FOR DOCTOR OR CLINIC PHONE NUMBERS AND EMAIL ADDRESSES.

Home || Contact Us || Help Registering and Participating || Disclaimer

SeaChange now offers CBD Oil

Barbara and Jeannine's Book

Bea Luis Memorial

Thread: New Stem Cell Lines Open to Research

Default New Stem Cell Lines Open to Research

I saw this in the NY Times website ( http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/03/sc...r=1&ref=health ). I wonder what kind of benefits this could have in the short term for people who are actively seeking stem cell treatment. Will this have any effect on therapies in this country within the next few years? Will they just stick to research?

There is nothing short term about this research. It will go on for a long time. I sincerely hope it provides answers for the future rather than just being a very expensive jobs program for scientists. This announcement will not help anyone seeking stem cell therapy today. Many already believe that there are better alternatives to embryonic stem cells and have gone a different direction while the U.S. has been arguing about the ethical questions surrounding this type of stem cell research.
    First treatment in 2007. Pioneering ever since.

Barbara

I should also have added that the old lines were not included reportedly because there was no informed consent given for the use of the embryos. What an expensive experiment that was! I believe autologous stem cell therapy is not being given its fair share of the limelight, whether it be from ignorance, politics, or greed or all of the above. For those that are ill, this has got to change. Once again, EVERYONE, join www.safestemcells.org Ask your friends and relatives to join too. It's free and it's simple and could mean a world of difference to the future of adult autologous stem cell therapy. This is a non profit organization dedicated to improving and saving lives.
    First treatment in 2007. Pioneering ever since.

Barbara