Please Note: THIS FORUM IS PATIENT MODERATED AND IS NOT CONNECTED TO ANY CLINIC OR DOCTOR. IF YOU WISH TO CONTACT A CERTAIN DOCTOR OR CLINIC, PLEASE LOOK IN THE ASK THE DOCTOR SECTION FOR DOCTOR OR CLINIC PHONE NUMBERS AND EMAIL ADDRESSES.

Home || Contact Us || Help Registering and Participating || Disclaimer

SeaChange now offers CBD Oil

Barbara and Jeannine's Book

Bea Luis Memorial

Thread: Elitists trying hard to block Right To Try legislation in Congress

Blog Entries

Default Elitists trying hard to block Right To Try legislation in Congress

Take a look at the list of elites who don't believe that terminally ill patients should have the Right To Try.

Proponents are saying that what opponents fail to grasp is that Right To Try is an additional pathway for patients, not a replacement for Expanded Access. One of the things that opponents of Right to Try often say is that 99% of expanded access applications are approved, so thereís no need to create a new path to treatments. Alison Bateman-House, one of the leading critics of Right To Try, was engaged in a Twitter conversation with someone a couple of days ago about those applications and she acknowledged that the vast majority of applications come from major teaching/research hospitals. This falls right in line with what proponents of Right To Try are saying and that is that Expanded Access is a useful program for those patients whose doctors are in that system and know how to navigate it. The vast majority of Americans arenít treated at major research hospitals, so it really isnít a viable option. Another note about Alison Bateman-House is that she has blocked many people from her Twitter account because she simply does not want to debate the issues apparently.

No one would force a patient or a doctor to use the proposed Right To Try law, but if a patient wants to, then that option should be available to them. Why should anyone stand in their way, let alone the usual crowd of sniveling, paternalistic, money driven academic elites who are not terminally ill? A good example is this trial for ALS. https://goo.gl/K5tYDe I know if I was suffering from ALS or someone I knew was, I would want access to this treatment.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ryW...NMW57qZMq/view

As for the letter, I believe patients could gather up tens of thousands of signatures in a heartbeat, so why should 336 yahoos have any bearing on the matter? If you're like me, I'm tired of being treated like an idiot by herds of academic snobs who want to determine who lives and who dies.
    First treatment in 2007. Pioneering ever since.

Barbara

Default Globalist's

At UN a conference in South America year's ago, they stated that we need to cut the earth's population
    by 89%.....playing GOD! If we keep getting well, it would go against their plans.....and there is
    the loss of pharma monies of course. Poor babies.

Pat

Blog Entries

A lot of people don't understand how much Big Pharma influences academia as well. It's all about the money.
    First treatment in 2007. Pioneering ever since.

Barbara