Please Note: THIS FORUM IS PATIENT MODERATED AND IS NOT CONNECTED TO ANY CLINIC OR DOCTOR. IF YOU WISH TO CONTACT A CERTAIN DOCTOR OR CLINIC, PLEASE LOOK IN THE ASK THE DOCTOR SECTION FOR DOCTOR OR CLINIC PHONE NUMBERS AND EMAIL ADDRESSES.

Home || Contact Us || Help Registering and Participating || Disclaimer

SeaChange now offers CBD Oil

Barbara and Jeannine's Book

Bea Luis Memorial

Thread: Cytori Celution vs Adistem technology

Default Cytori Celution vs Adistem technology

Has anyone seen any published information comparing these 2 adipose stem cell technologies that provides a clear comparison? I just read the interview with Okyanos and Celution seems to be promoted as the most effective technology available. However how does it compare to Adistem. I had an Adistem adipose transplant many years ago and I have been considering having another but which technology would provide the best results? I have IPF. Thanks.
    Gene

Blog Entries

I'll be glad to ask Matt at Okyanos, but of course that won't be a completely independent comparison. Would you like me to do that?
    First treatment in 2007. Pioneering ever since.

Barbara

Hi Barbara,
    Yes that would be great. I read a technical paper but I could not interpret the comparison.

Blog Entries

Gene - Here is his response. He also sent 3 pdfs which I will gladly e-mail to you or to anyone who wishes to read them. One is the Cedar-Sinai study he refers to. Please private message me with your e-mail address if you'd like me to forward them to you. Unfortunately, I cannot copy and paste them here.

Matt's response:

Barbara,
    I hope Gene is ok with me being direct at the risk of sounding competitive:
    Adistem has never published any yield data but they use the same device for vet cell therapy. Attached is a peer-reviewed paper that indicates:
    · They have grossly overstated cell yields. My guess is that isn’t much better than Medikahn Lipokit which has an irrelevant yield of SVF per the PRS paper also attached.

· The “laser activation” actually kills of 34% of the MSCs also referred to as colony forming units (CFUs)

· The addition of PRP maybe where most of the therapeutic benefit comes from.

Stemgenex uses Adistem, though they don’t call it out by name. They claim a patient will get 1 billion stem cells. They would not get anywhere near that many nucleated cells – of which they kill of a large percentage with the laser. Stemgenex also claimed to be AAAHC certified and recently admitted they were not.

The Celution device is the most validated device on the market. The Cedars-Sinai study is also attached. Since that study Cytori provided a new protocol which doubled our average yield.

Best Regards,
    MLF

Barbara

Barbara could not find your email address but mine is: genom@global.co.za

Thanks for doing this. It does seem I need to find someone in South Africa with Celution. I had the Adistem treatment in South Africa 5+ years ago.

Gene

Blog Entries

I will forward you the papers. You can private message anyone on the forum by clicking on Community, then Member List and go from there.

Also, Matt responded that they are getting excellent results with COPD and IPF patients. His exact words: "We have done really well with IPF and COPD. The dose matters."

Barbara

Barbara,
    After reading those documents (thanks again) it does seem clear that nucleated cell yield is critically important and Cytori has evidence of having superior technology. When considering an adipose treatment the underlining technology is a key consideration.

Blog Entries

Default kacey

Barbara - I do not understand what Cytori Celution vs Adistem technology means. I have been trying to follow things going on but have been very sick for a long time and having trouble comprehending what I am seeing. I want to have stem cells done - if that is the latest & best treatment for COPD - but I have no idea who or where to go for the BEST. Can you please help me? I have no one else to ask. My doctors are not literate on any of this, Thank you.

Blog Entries

kacey - Cytori and Adistem are companies. What is being discussed her is the type of technology they use in processing.

For clinics that may interest you, I would suggest looking in the Ask the Doctor section and read what different doctors have stated. Then I would contact those that are nearest to you first and get pricing and details. Since you are ill (I hope you get feeling better real soon!!), you do not need to add a lengthy trip on top of everything else. Some clinics have more than one location. That kind of information can usually be found on their websites.

Barbara