Please Note: THIS FORUM IS PATIENT MODERATED AND IS NOT CONNECTED TO ANY CLINIC OR DOCTOR. IF YOU WISH TO CONTACT A CERTAIN DOCTOR OR CLINIC, PLEASE LOOK IN THE ASK THE DOCTOR SECTION FOR DOCTOR OR CLINIC PHONE NUMBERS AND EMAIL ADDRESSES.

Home || Contact Us || Help Registering and Participating || Disclaimer

SeaChange now offers CBD Oil

Barbara and Jeannine's Book

Bea Luis Memorial

Thread: Why the difference in number of SC transplants from clinic to clinic?

Default Why the difference in number of SC transplants from clinic to clinic?

I have been reading up on the different clinics and noticed that for example China uses anywhere from 4 to 7 transplants (one every week) versus other clinics that only use one for the same ailment.

I don't understand. Why this difference? Does anybody know?

Stevenson, Washington- Columbia River Gorge

Default Why the difference in the number of SC transplants from clinic to clinic?

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    I have been reading up on the different clinics and noticed that for example China uses anywhere from 4 to 7 transplants (one every week) versus other clinics that only use one for the same ailment.

I don't understand. Why this difference? Does anybody know?
    I was wondering EXACTLY the same thing. My daughter( 6 yrs old) is scheduled to receive 6 million SC's via IV on Monday to treat cerebral palsy in Mexico. Another member of the forum who's child also has CP (but is only a year and a half old) was given almost 80 million stemcells in one treatment (different delivery method- subQ) at a different clinic in Mexico. What IS the deal with that? Not ONLY that, the cost was almost the same!

Default Why indeed

I believe a lot of the difference lies with the individual doctors and clinics. I will give this question to Dr. Payne as I feel it lies within the theoretical field which is one of his specialties. Some diseases may respond better to more than one treatment, but with others I think his viewpoint would be interesting as to why treatments may be broken up rather than in one big dose.
    First treatment in 2007. Pioneering ever since.

Barbara